Who is the best FPL Gameweek 8 captain? Our resident FPL captaincy expert Chris Tan takes a close look at the fixtures, poll and stats breakdown before concluding on his best pick for the armband.
FPL Gameweek 7 Recap
What do we actually know – despite their injury concerns Liverpool are still the team to beat and Spurs look like they might be in the mix this season. Both Everton and Aston Villa have lost their last two after starting the season on fire. Southampton have looked strong after their pummelling from Spurs in Gameweek 2 whilst Leicester and Wolves continue to impress. Man City and Chelsea are also looking back on track. It’s fiercely competitive at the moment, however the bottom of the league appears to be fairly set (for now). So currently, it’s worth targeting West Brom, Sheffield United, Fulham (although there are signs of improvement) and Burnley until things change again.
How have we done to date?
The main two returned, which is good to see, but a well placed punt would have made a big difference this week!
FPL Gameweek 8 Captain - The Fixtures
Twitter / @FFH_HQ FPL Gameweek 8 Captain Poll
Who do our Twitter followers think is the best FPL Gameweek 8 captain?
Old Hunting Ground – do any of the likely lads have a good history vs their opposition?
- Fernandes (£10.5m) – it’s a tiny sample size, but 100% looks good. He tends to rack up his bigger hauls away from home (his goal was scored away) and with the team built around him that should continue.
- Kane (£10.9m) – has an exceptional record, although it should be noted that his last returns away to West Brom were in the 14/15 season.
- De Bruyne (£11.5m) – all of his returns against Liverpool have come at home and I wouldn’t bet against that continuing this week.
- Salah (£12.4m) – hasn’t returned at the Etihad yet.
- Mane (£12.0m) – hasn’t either.
- Rashford (£9.6m) – Everton look to be a bit of a bogey team for him.
- Son (£9.6m) – the sample size is too small to make any judgements.
Members Stats breakdown - FPL Gameweek 8 Captain
These stats are pulled from the Fantasy Football Hub OPTA Stats tool that is available to all members to help you analyse the players and teams.
I’ve pulled the stats from the last four Gameweeks and will utilise these in combination with the eye test to help us make our decision.
Individual Player Stats
You'll gain access to this article and all our fantasy football tools, tips and resources.
What do members get access to?