Rate My World Cup Team  

RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
13/06/2018 7:25 pm  

Thought this might be a useful topic for some (myself included!). 

Here's my set up. Plan is to bring in all of my bench players as the fixtures progress. 

Probably WC in round two but I'll see. Likely to Bench Boost in an early round (2/3) and Max captain in one of the knockout rounds.

I built a website to justify my addiction.

Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
13/06/2018 8:05 pm  

Looks very strong Will. Seem to be going pretty heavy at the back and I don't blame you, lots more value there.

ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
13/06/2018 8:14 pm  

Help  ? 

[attach]1[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
13/06/2018 8:16 pm  
Posted by: Sophie

Help  ? 

[attach]1[/attach]

Don't think you need any Sophie. That's a great team! You're a darkhorse!

ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
13/06/2018 8:17 pm  
Posted by: Will Thomas

Thought this might be a useful topic for some (myself included!). 

Here's my set up. Plan is to bring in all of my bench players as the fixtures progress. 

Probably WC in round two but I'll see. Likely to Bench Boost in an early round (2/3) and Max captain in one of the knockout rounds.

Also very strong Will. Can't see much wrong with those picks or your strategy. I'm probably BB in the first round

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
13/06/2018 8:55 pm  

[attach]2[/attach]

Not sure how this will go, but currently plan on playing chips in knock-out stages.

BB in first knock-out round. As players get knocked out I will revamp team before the semis and play max captain then or the final.

ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
13/06/2018 9:06 pm  

Like that set-up a lot @darkish and your chip strategy has me thinking... My gut was to go with an early bench boost, but I'm wondering now if it might be better to wait and see after line-ups have settled? Was that your thought process?

ReplyQuote
Jay
 Jay
(@jay)
13/06/2018 9:12 pm  
Posted by: Carl

[attach]2[/attach]

Not sure how this will go, but currently plan on playing chips in knock-out stages.

BB in first knock-out round. As players get knocked out I will revamp team before the semis and play max captain then or the final.

Looks good Carl. Quite similar to mine actually. 

Enjoyed your Sky stats articles btw - hope they'll be back next year?

Carl liked
ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
13/06/2018 9:18 pm  

I'm not 100% sure who will play, so see how teams will play. Secondly, have a bit more money for the knock-out stage and the team probably more balanced - so maybe get more from the bench boost.

I'm not sure on which players will be available in the knock-out stages, but if I play the wild card before the semis I could bring in a few non playing players (if allowed) and so more money for the main 11 for the final couple of rounds.

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
13/06/2018 9:25 pm  
Posted by: Jay

[attach]2[/attach]

Thanks Jay. Glad you enjoyed the Sky stat articles and hope to do something similar next season.

Jay liked
ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
13/06/2018 9:28 pm  

Cheers Carl. Plenty to mull over there. May hold onto the BB  past the first round at least 

Carl liked
ReplyQuote
Jay
 Jay
(@jay)
13/06/2018 9:30 pm  
Posted by: Jay

[attach]2[/attach]

Thanks Jay. Glad you enjoyed the Sky stat articles and hope to do something similar next season.

Good to hear mate  ? 

ReplyQuote
Si
 Si
(@si)
Eminent Member
14/06/2018 11:55 am  

Liking the new forum guys. What do we think of this little lot?

[attach]3[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
14/06/2018 12:00 pm  

Very nice team @Si. Not seen Werner in many teams, but think hes a good shout. When are you planning to Wildcard?

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Si
 Si
(@si)
Eminent Member
14/06/2018 12:02 pm  

Cheers Will. Probably the 2nd round, but I'm not fixed on it tbh. 

ReplyQuote
Kenny Moir
(@kennym01r)
14/06/2018 12:57 pm  

Hi gents

First time actually posting on here. Lurked about a bit towards the tail end of last season and used guidance from the articles to secure victory in my work league. Just looking for a second opinion on my team here. Been back and forward tinkering here and there to the point where I’m second guessing every position again. Particularly concerned on my midfield but just can’t seem to find a way of introducing better options. Is the defence too costly maybe?

[attach]4[/attach]

Si liked
ReplyQuote
Si
 Si
(@si)
Eminent Member
14/06/2018 1:08 pm  
Posted by: Kenny Moir

Hi gents

First time actually posting on here. Lurked about a bit towards the tail end of last season and used guidance from the articles to secure victory in my work league. Just looking for a second opinion on my team here. Been back and forward tinkering here and there to the point where I’m second guessing every position again. Particularly concerned on my midfield but just can’t seem to find a way of introducing better options. Is the defence too costly maybe?

[attach]4[/attach]

Welcome @kennym01r 

Can't see anything wrong with your set up. In fact, I really like it. Think most are struggling with midfield, doesn't seem to be much value there

ReplyQuote
Kenny Moir
(@kennym01r)
14/06/2018 1:11 pm  

Thanks for that. I’m happy that my subs all feature towards the end. Bit worried about having none of the big names but just couldn’t justify the additional £2-£3M that the top players cost.

ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
14/06/2018 1:11 pm  

You mean gents and ladies ?

But yes, welcome Kenny  ?

I like the team also. Wish I had room for Jesus in my set up. What's your plan for the chips?

Si liked
ReplyQuote
Si
 Si
(@si)
Eminent Member
14/06/2018 1:16 pm  
Posted by: Kenny Moir

Thanks for that. I’m happy that my subs all feature towards the end. Bit worried about having none of the big names but just couldn’t justify the additional £2-£3M that the top players cost.

Yeah, they have really tested us budget wise this time around. I haven't gone for anyone in the top tier either. I am worried though, Neymar and Messi have the ability to destroy all this planning with a big haul!

ReplyQuote
Kenny Moir
(@kennym01r)
14/06/2018 3:01 pm  

Hi Sophie

Apologies, I've been coordinating the work team which is all guys and so 'gents' has been my standard email greeting!

Been mulling over the chip usage and I'm thinking of the Max Captain for this round just to ensure a reasonable start - in truth if you're paying attention this one doesn't really gain you that much anyway. The Bench Boost I'm conflicted on. If you use in the group stage your players may be facing weaker teams but if held to the group stage you have the potential of teams playing up to 120 minutes and thus offering greater scoring potential. I had wondered what others thoughts were.

I was relatively settled on this team for rounds 1 & 2 and then intended to use the wildcard to rehash it ahead of round 3 when I think there may be a little more rotation in the teams that don't need a win.

Sophie liked
ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
14/06/2018 3:14 pm  

Only playing with you Kenny. I'm super conflicted on chip strategy as well. BB would seem most effective in the group stages, but with substitutions possible during the round, I can't see it being worth that much unless all your players fire. Although I guess its similar for group stages as well  ? 

ReplyQuote
Share: