Site feedback  

RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/09/2018 3:17 pm  

As many of you know, we're on a mission to become the No.1 resource for fantasy managers.

It's our promise to keep adding quality tools and content to the site. As we grow, feedback from our users is invaluable - without your support, the site would not exist. 

What tools could we add in future? Is there a series that we have stopped that you liked? Is there a series that you would like to see added? Do you come to the site for articles or tools or both? Could we add some more functionality to the forums?

These are just some starter questions, feel free to ignore them and go off-piste. 

Thank you! 

Will

PS If you like a suggestion from someone else, give it a thumbs up (like - see bottom right of comment)

This topic was modified 2 months  ago by Will Thomas

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
06/09/2018 3:23 pm  

I love this site, its come such a long way in just a year. Used to pop in occasionally and now its my number one resource. 

Just keep doing what you're doing and building the content. I'd love to see a fixture ticker at some point, seems the biggest omission.  

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/09/2018 3:29 pm  
Posted by: Pinky and Debruyne

I love this site, its come such a long way in just a year. Used to pop in occasionally and now its my number one resource. 

Just keep doing what you're doing and building the content. I'd love to see a fixture ticker at some point, seems the biggest omission.  

Cheers Pinky, we have a ticker in the pipeline, but its taking longer than hoped to get it to a decent standard.

Dale liked
ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
06/09/2018 3:35 pm  

Like most of it to be fair, doing a great job. Ticker would be good. 

Love the comparison tool, maybe a weekly post on that comparing players from the same positions/price points?

Will Thomas and Dale liked
ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/09/2018 3:45 pm  
Posted by: Ste H

Like most of it to be fair, doing a great job. Ticker would be good. 

Love the comparison tool, maybe a weekly post on that comparing players from the same positions/price points?

Cheers Ste. Like the idea of a comparison post!

ReplyQuote
Rob Jackson
(@2fulgencio)
06/09/2018 4:16 pm  

Testing 

ReplyQuote
dylbertiii
(@dylbertiii)
06/09/2018 4:26 pm  

Thanks for being so open to the feedback! There's so much happening in FPL with the development of tools and resources, and that there's still so much more to do, improve, and capitalize on makes it really exciting!

I think i've mentioned this on Twitter, but it'd be great to have an avg pitch position or pitch heat map of each player in the comparison tool. That would really help in general, but especially when debating two players from the same team, eg Salah v Mane.

Would also love to see more underlying stats in addition to stuff that's already available on the FPL website. Example: touches in the box, attempted assists, chances created, big chances created, shots inside the box, shots outside the box, and all of that and more per 90 minutes. These are things that i considered invaluably in previous years when i had paid plans on other sites.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/09/2018 4:36 pm  
Posted by: dylbertiii

Thanks for being so open to the feedback! There's so much happening in FPL with the development of tools and resources, and that there's still so much more to do, improve, and capitalize on makes it really exciting!

I think i've mentioned this on Twitter, but it'd be great to have an avg pitch position or pitch heat map of each player in the comparison tool. That would really help in general, but especially when debating two players from the same team, eg Salah v Mane.

Would also love to see more underlying stats in addition to stuff that's already available on the FPL website. Example: touches in the box, attempted assists, chances created, big chances created, shots inside the box, shots outside the box, and all of that and more per 90 minutes. These are things that i considered invaluably in previous years when i had paid plans on other sites.

Thanks for feedback @dylbertiii. A couple of people have mentioned heatmaps now. Extra stats are definitely on our radar as well.

dylbertiii liked
ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
07/09/2018 10:42 am  

Keep it up is the main feedback, love the site :)

A live site ticker would be useful, but there are some great ones on Jossy's planner 

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
09/09/2018 8:58 pm  

Hi Will,

Hope you take this advice in the way it's meant to be given (and don't think I'm moaning, as I DO like the site).

The reason I decided to pay for a paid subscription service was because I thought the money paid would give me an advantage over players that aren't subscribing. But when I read Dan Cox's excellent articles and then see that they are just copy and pasted from the news section of Sky's Fantasy Football, it has me wondering what I'm paying for.

Admittedly, there's more to this site than Dan's articles. The advice on the forum can be read by non members (although they can't post anything) and Carl's, equally, excellent articles can be read by non members (but at least aren't copied and pasted from other sites AFAIK).

I could see some people getting their free day pass using the "Dan" promo code, reading the beginers guide, finding how to access the spreadsheets and then not paying a subscription as most of what they would find useful has been obtained for free. I don't even think you can stop non members accessing the spreadsheets once they know how to get them.

In essence, I think that you need to keep all articles exclusive to paying members.  I understand that you need to let potential new subscribers see some of the website (they won't pay in to something they know nothing about), but don't have us paying for articles that are copied and pasted from a free source.

I will still be subscribing though, as you charge a sensible price. If the price increased I would probably cancel the subscription and read all the free information (which seems to be the majority).

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
10/09/2018 9:07 am  
Posted by: gilders

Hi Will,

Hope you take this advice in the way it's meant to be given (and don't think I'm moaning, as I DO like the site).

The reason I decided to pay for a paid subscription service was because I thought the money paid would give me an advantage over players that aren't subscribing. But when I read Dan Cox's excellent articles and then see that they are just copy and pasted from the news section of Sky's Fantasy Football, it has me wondering what I'm paying for.

Admittedly, there's more to this site than Dan's articles. The advice on the forum can be read by non members (although they can't post anything) and Carl's, equally, excellent articles can be read by non members (but at least aren't copied and pasted from other sites AFAIK).

I could see some people getting their free day pass using the "Dan" promo code, reading the beginers guide, finding how to access the spreadsheets and then not paying a subscription as most of what they would find useful has been obtained for free. I don't even think you can stop non members accessing the spreadsheets once they know how to get them.

In essence, I think that you need to keep all articles exclusive to paying members.  I understand that you need to let potential new subscribers see some of the website (they won't pay in to something they know nothing about), but don't have us paying for articles that are copied and pasted from a free source.

I will still be subscribing though, as you charge a sensible price. If the price increased I would probably cancel the subscription and read all the free information (which seems to be the majority).

I definitely don't think you're moaning @gilders - this is exactly the type of honest feedback we need.

There is a bit of background to @animal's 5 picks articles that I won't go into on here, but they were originally FFH and not Sky. Following this feedback, though, I will be reviewing. Dan also posts the digest for members, which is exclusive. 

The sheets are also regularly updated by Ian and Carl, so it would be difficult for people to take (granted not impossible if they are willing and an Excel wiz). Regarding access, we will be periodically changing the links following this feedback.

Regarding the price, we have no plans to increase. But if we did, existing members will always keep the price they signed up for. 

Thanks again, W

gilders liked
ReplyQuote
FPL Kangaroo
(@fplkangaroo)
Eminent Member
10/09/2018 8:59 pm  

Hi Will,

100% agree with this.

Another example would be Carl's recent article about the overhaul.

What an amazing and insightful article! If there was ever an article that should have been members only...it was that one......

I'm starting to question why I bothered paying £19(yearly subscription) when pretty much every article and tool available on this FANTASTIC website is freely available to everyone..member or not....

gilders liked
ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
11/09/2018 7:34 am  
Posted by: FPL Kangaroo

Hi Will,

100% agree with this.

Another example would be Carl's recent article about the overhaul.

What an amazing and insightful article! If there was ever an article that should have been members only...it was that one......

I'm starting to question why I bothered paying £19(yearly subscription) when pretty much every article and tool available on this FANTASTIC website is freely available to everyone..member or not....

Thanks Kanga, I will be taking this feedback on board. You're right, Carl's recent piece should have been members. 

I try to strike a balance between free and paid and obviously haven't got this correct. We do have 2 overhaul members pieces in the pipeline (which is partly why Carl's was free). 

We will also be taking further steps to ensure Ian's and Carl's sheets are fully protected and only accessible to paying members.

Thanks again for the honest feedback.  

gilders liked
ReplyQuote
Share: