GW26 Team Reveal (i...

GW26 Team Reveal (ish!) by Matthew Jones  

RSS

Matthew
(@mj6987)
Trusted Member
04/02/2019 10:00 am  

GW25 (so far) First, on Monday morning, lets look at GW25 - the story so far…   Its been a mixed week so far and difficult to assess whether I’ve made good decisions or bad. Going into the DGW, I was always going to get either Sterling or Aguero, already having Sane who I regarded…

Mike108uk
(@mike108uk)
Trusted Member
04/02/2019 10:27 am  

Thanks for sharing

ReplyQuote
Chris_Tan
(@chris_tan)
07/02/2019 4:04 pm  

[attach]169[/attach]

Matt - what are your thoughts on Mane v Son for someone chasing the pack?

For

Fixtures – Mane has better fixtures and he doesn’t blank GW 31/33 which saves me a future transfer
Goals – he has 11 v Son’s 10
Bonus – 16 vs Son’s 15
Form – 6.8 v 5.5
Fatigue – Son has been overworked & he has a massive game vs Dortmund on Tue. Mane is rested and has a week off
Stats – better xG, more shots in the box & shots on target plus better team attacking stats and worse opposition defending stats
Differential – I’m chasing in my MLs, most above me will have Son

Against

Fear – most rivals have Son, I’m going to get the fear every time Spurs play and lose ground vs them
Inconsistency – having previously owned Mane, he’s a lot like Hazard and can troll you for weeks whereas Son appears fairly consistent
Diversification – I already have Salah & Liverpool’s attack don’t seem the same at the moment

The general perspective appears to be go for Son, but what would you do from a chasing position and why?

ReplyQuote
BATMAN2020
(@batman2020)
09/02/2019 9:27 am  

Hi Matthew

I've been following you and your advice a lot this season, but I seem to have fallen down the ranks in the last 4-5 GWs

This is my team. Any idea how to improve it? 1FT and 1.7 in the bank.

Patricio, Hamer
Bednarek, Van Bissaka, TAA, Digne, Doherty
Salah, Pogba, Sane, Jota, Billing
Rashford, Auba, Wilson

ReplyQuote
Matthew
(@mj6987)
Trusted Member
09/02/2019 9:35 am  
Posted by: BATMAN2020

Hi Matthew

I've been following you and your advice a lot this season, but I seem to have fallen down the ranks in the last 4-5 GWs

This is my team. Any idea how to improve it? 1FT and 1.7 in the bank.

Patricio, Hamer
Bednarek, Van Bissaka, TAA, Digne, Doherty
Salah, Pogba, Sane, Jota, Billing
Rashford, Auba, Wilson

Sane to Son is overwhelmingly the popular move amongst “good” FPL players. I’m not guaranteeing it works but that’s what I’ve done as well!

ReplyQuote
BATMAN2020
(@batman2020)
09/02/2019 11:01 am  

Thanks Matthew! Just did the same move.
How do you find my team otherwise? I have to climb a lot of ranks in the remaining GWs.

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Trusted Member
10/02/2019 8:53 am  

Your team is very similar to mine only I already owned Aubameyang so stuck with him hoping Augero done nothing have Rashford also,capt Sane and didn't have any Chelsea players either 🙈 Worst week I've ever had. Dropped to 2nd in both my private leagues. What's your views on the chip strategy? Took my eye off the ball need to get back into it lol

ReplyQuote
Matthew
(@mj6987)
Trusted Member
10/02/2019 9:55 am  
Posted by: Mooresyside

Your team is very similar to mine only I already owned Aubameyang so stuck with him hoping Augero done nothing have Rashford also,capt Sane and didn't have any Chelsea players either 🙈 Worst week I've ever had. Dropped to 2nd in both my private leagues. What's your views on the chip strategy? Took my eye off the ball need to get back into it lol

It depends a lot on the FA Cup results and draw, both of which we'll know before the next deadline. So, my immediate advice is not to use any transfers early this GW. I might do an article on it if I have time, although Ben Crelin (also a contributor on this site) may have it covered!

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Trusted Member
10/02/2019 11:24 am  

Yea was gonna wait anyway, this is where it starts to get interesting lol. 

Thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
Share: