Sky - Picking between the big guns  

RSS

olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
09/09/2018 11:59 pm  

Hi guys, 

Who are you currently going with up top? I've set my team up with the potential of having any two of Salah, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku or Aubameyang.

Which two would you pick for your overhaul side? 

For me, Aguero takes one of the spots, with another to be confirmed!

This topic was modified 2 months  ago by Will Thomas

ReplyQuote
Daznvern
(@daznvern)
Eminent Member
10/09/2018 7:45 am  

It all depends in what the rest of your side looks like as to whether its a good ploy or not.  

I have not done my side yet i have time later and will get back to you. 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
10/09/2018 11:23 am  

Morning all,

Looking for a bit of advice if you please. I have £6.5m left to spend on my final slot in my team and have narrowed it down to this:

Kongolo (6.5 - 6 pts overall - CPAL, lei, TOT, bur, LIV - 1 yellow card - 1 MOTM - 1 CS)

Cathcart (6.4 - 20 pts overall - MUN, ful, ars, BOU, wol - 0 YC - 1 goal - 1 CS)

Jonny Otto (6.2 - 16 pts overall - BUR, mun, SOT, cpal, WAT - 0 YC - 2 x tackle bonus - 1 CS)

Picking the latter would mean I'd be doubled up on Wolves defence!

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
10/09/2018 11:56 am  
Posted by: olipoole

Hi guys, 

Who are you currently going with up top? I've set my team up with the potential of having any two of Salah, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku or Aubameyang.

Which two would you pick for your overhaul side? 

For me, Aguero takes one of the spots, with another to be confirmed!

I'm definitely starting with Aguero as Man City's fixtures are favourable for quite a few weeks.

I am choosing Kane over Salah at the moment and then swapping them around when Liverpool's fixtures become favourable.

For the first week after Overhaul, I'll also have D. Ings as a third striker to cover captaincy. Ings will then become Seri. As Fulham will be away at Man City, I think doubled up Ings points compared to Seri's potential against Man City will be worth the price of a captaincy.

I'm still not 100% set on Kane, he's not looking like he's up to full speed yet. Lukaku is looking like a possible replacement.

If Mane's form continues, I may change Kane for Mane (instead of Salah), leaving me with some extra funds to strengthen elsewhere.

So in answer to your question -  I'll be choosing Aguero and Kane

ReplyQuote
andy_101
(@andy_101)
10/09/2018 12:39 pm  

Kane and Aguero up op for me. Both are guaranteed goals and have been doing it for years in the premier league. Salah is a bit more unknown for this season and remains to be seen whether he will be as effective. I think Mane is going to have a better season than Salah

ReplyQuote
andy_101
(@andy_101)
10/09/2018 12:39 pm  

Kane and Aguero up op for me. Both are guaranteed goals and have been doing it for years in the premier league. Salah is a bit more unknown for this season and remains to be seen whether he will be as effective. I think Mane is going to have a better season than Salah

ReplyQuote
jplewes
(@jplewes)
Eminent Member
10/09/2018 2:00 pm  

I prefer Kane and Aguero for fixtures, but Salah scares me knowing he's got Southampton at home week after this which could be a mega haul. He's hard to cover with Mane when you also have Hazard. 

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
10/09/2018 11:57 pm  
Posted by: It’s just Jim.

Morning all,

Looking for a bit of advice if you please. I have £6.5m left to spend on my final slot in my team and have narrowed it down to this:

Kongolo (6.5 - 6 pts overall - CPAL, lei, TOT, bur, LIV - 1 yellow card - 1 MOTM - 1 CS)

Cathcart (6.4 - 20 pts overall - MUN, ful, ars, BOU, wol - 0 YC - 1 goal - 1 CS)

Jonny Otto (6.2 - 16 pts overall - BUR, mun, SOT, cpal, WAT - 0 YC - 2 x tackle bonus - 1 CS)

Picking the latter would mean I'd be doubled up on Wolves defence!

For me, Otto. As you highlight, he's got tackle bonuses and the other two's bonuses are probably more out of the ordinary. Double Wolves not the end of the world.

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
10/09/2018 11:58 pm  

I'm currently thinking Aguero/Kane. I was on Lukaku for a while but I'm telling myself that United attacking players rarely work out well! Salah tough to leave out but hopefully Mane will counter that. 

ReplyQuote
jplewes
(@jplewes)
Eminent Member
11/09/2018 1:14 pm  

If I go without Kane (which I think the stats and eyetest suggest are sensible) I am pretty worried about that Cardiff home game. With Lukaku I'm never really worried he's going to go insane so much especially with the lower ownership. 

ReplyQuote
Paulcaffrey5
(@paulcaffrey5)
Eminent Member
11/09/2018 3:27 pm  
Posted by: jplewes

If I go without Kane (which I think the stats and eyetest suggest are sensible) I am pretty worried about that Cardiff home game. With Lukaku I'm never really worried he's going to go insane so much especially with the lower ownership. 

Mate it’s got my head pickled, kane  and salah haven’t had the best starts but are capable of back to back hatricks couple of fixtures coming up that in the past have seen both get high scores, lukaku had a good game last out and on his day will get 2/3 against the lesser teams, I can’t help but think about aubameyang aswell tricky tie at Newcastle then back to back home games against my team everton who they always seem to stuff, then Watford and both on a Sunday, tough decisions 5 strikers 3 places, just gotta make the right choice haven’t we 🤞🏼

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
12/09/2018 7:32 am  

In my draft permutation, up until December, Aguero is in from start until finish! He is joined at various times, according to fixtures, by Kane, Salah and Vardy.

There are many two-for-ones (Tottenham have a three-for-one in October/November...)

If either of the Arsenal big guns start to fire, then there is room to fit them in as the Gunners are often playing on offset Matchdays.

As ever, make sure you have enough 'enablers' in your squad, be able to afford your most expensive line-up!

ReplyQuote
Share: