Rate My Team - Sky  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS

swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
28/07/2018 12:49 pm  

Hey guys,

Would appreciate any comments on my team, it is only focused on the first 4 weeks at the moment. Slightly concerned having 3 new Premiership players in there.[attach]25[/attach]

Cheers

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
28/07/2018 12:57 pm  

Welcome to the site @swiftywales

Like that team a lot. Think many will be going with at least three newbies as they offer decent value. 

Think Alison is a must at that price. Personally, I'd try and find a way to squeeze him in over Fab

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
28/07/2018 1:02 pm  

Thanks for the feedback.

I did look at Allison, only reason I thought of Fabianski was he was more likely to have more shots at him so hoping he would pick up the saves bonus points. Definitely something to look at though.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
28/07/2018 1:27 pm  

Yeah, can understand that logic. Remember keepers get an extra 2 points for clean sheets though  ?  

ReplyQuote
swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
28/07/2018 1:33 pm  

Yes good point. Have had a quick look and can put Allison in for Fabianski and then Jonny Evans in for Michael Keane, could be a change for to do.

ReplyQuote
James Hendrie
(@jhendrie)
Eminent Member
28/07/2018 6:02 pm  

Hey guys! Nice post, good to see everyone else’ thoughts for the pre overhaul!

i’m stuck with the Sane vs Mahrez debate, i believe both could start because of the World Cup impact. Think it would be a gamble on both? Cant see past Calum Patterson at 5.2m and 10gls last year! 

[attach]28[/attach]

I've never felt more like singing the blues..

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
28/07/2018 6:28 pm  

Patterson looks in good form too, just scored pre-season today...

ReplyQuote
swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
28/07/2018 6:45 pm  

Patterson is a really good shout, may put him in my side to free some funds. What do you think of Richarlison at Everton? I cannot decide to put him in or not

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
28/07/2018 7:41 pm  

I like Richarlison, he started off great at Watford but then form dipped towards end of season. He scored a good pre season goal today, but the rest of the team looked poor losing 4-1 to Rennes. 

I recln he’s good for a few goals, but needs some other players coming in at Everton to notch up the assists...

ReplyQuote
James Hendrie
(@jhendrie)
Eminent Member
28/07/2018 8:24 pm  
  • I think for Richarlsons price its hard to argue, especially that he will be deployed as a CF no doubt! Everton have been poor so far however id except their form to rise! James Maddison has major potential. Not sure on fixtures early though given that they face both Man Utd and Liverpool in their first four! Food for thought though.

ReplyQuote
Foxxie
(@foxxie)
29/07/2018 8:40 am  

Hi all

Would appreciate any feedback on my draft team below.  My aim is for no transfers until the first overhaul and I also wanted a captain for each game over the first 4 weeks bur still not sure about the 3 promoted defenders or Cairney in midfield??

[attach]26[/attach]

ReplyQuote
James Hendrie
(@jhendrie)
Eminent Member
29/07/2018 8:48 am  

Hey @Foxxie! welcome to FFH! Middle to front i think you have bags of potential, Zaha has had a great start to preseason and has kind fixtures, Jorginho will rake in the bonus points and the front 3 speak for themselves!

In terms of Cairney, i'd spare one of your back four for Callum Paterson (£5.2m) hes a stick on starter and bagged 10gls in the Championship last season as well as a pre season goal yesterday... That would free up some well needed cash to invest in a replacement for Cairney.

Just my two cents though!

ReplyQuote
Foxxie
(@foxxie)
29/07/2018 9:05 am  

Thanks @Jhendrie

I did look at Patterson but my concern is that he wont start and will be used as an impact sub as he was yesterday in their friendly and also used 9 times last season off the bench in the championship.  If he is a starter I could swap out Ream for Patterson which would give me funds to replace Cairney with Richarlson, Keita or Mooy???

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 10:19 am  

[attach]30[/attach]

Would appreciate any feedback on my team. Bournemouth struggled for CS so would you go Ryan instead?

Seri a bit punty but was an excellent passed last season in Ligue 1 with the most completed passes.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 11:00 am  

I’d definitely go for Ryan in net. I’ve currently got Seri in my side, fancy his chances

Guyinho liked
ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 11:02 am  

Nice balance to the team, I seem to have spent up on heavy hitters and nothing left for defence. Tricky one, as you say Bournemouth have struggled for CS and as only need to pick for first 4 games I can’t see them keeping clean sheets against West Ham, Everton or Chelsea. But Brighton have Man United and Liverpool in first four games... Plus still could be some movement on GKs if Courtois leaves Chelsea...

sorry, not massively helpful I know

ReplyQuote
Graham Brown
(@graham_157)
29/07/2018 7:57 pm  

Would appreciate feed back on my team please![attach]31[/attach]

ReplyQuote
rossdavidson
(@rossdavidson)
29/07/2018 8:59 pm  

[attach]32[/attach]

Not used this site before so hoping my screenshot is visible to you all... Here’s a quick draft bearing in mind captaincy cover and team structure. Can’t ignore Paterson at 5.2 if he’s a guaranteed starter, with 10 goals last season?? Don’t fancy any United, Leicester or Spurs for the captaincy days, but going for “safe” choice with  De Gea. Aguero seemingly nailed started and we all know the damage he can do...

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 9:16 pm  
Posted by: Graham Brown

Would appreciate feed back on my team please![attach]31[/attach]

With 3 -possibly 4 - Liverpool captaincies needed pre-overhaul, and as much as I think Naby Keita could do well, it would be a surprise if Salah/Firmino/Mane don't outscore him.

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 9:26 pm  
Posted by: swiftywales

Hey guys,

Would appreciate any comments on my team, it is only focused on the first 4 weeks at the moment. Slightly concerned having 3 new Premiership players in there.[attach]25[/attach]

Cheers

With Burnley having Europe to worry about, then maybe Ward is a bit overpriced? Find the right replacement there, and you can fund an Everton defensive upgrade...

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 9:34 pm  
Posted by: Foxxie

Hi all

Would appreciate any feedback on my draft team below.  My aim is for no transfers until the first overhaul and I also wanted a captain for each game over the first 4 weeks bur still not sure about the 3 promoted defenders or Cairney in midfield??

[attach]26[/attach]

A very heavy hitting front 3! All of whom could do very well...

You do have a captaincy option for each day, but for 5 out of 12 Matchdays it will not be one of your expensive trio - as 2 of them play on the same day in GWs 1/2/3 and all 3 play on Saturday in GW4. 

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 9:39 pm  
Posted by: Accidental Partridge

[attach]30[/attach]

Would appreciate any feedback on my team. Bournemouth struggled for CS so would you go Ryan instead?

Seri a bit punty but was an excellent passed last season in Ligue 1 with the most completed passes.

As above with Ward and although Bournemouth have decent fixtures pre-overhaul - I wouldn't expect more than one clean sheet. 

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 9:45 pm  
Posted by: Jhendrie

Hey guys! Nice post, good to see everyone else’ thoughts for the pre overhaul!

i’m stuck with the Sane vs Mahrez debate, i believe both could start because of the World Cup impact. Think it would be a gamble on both? Cant see past Calum Patterson at 5.2m and 10gls last year! 

[attach]28[/attach]

Paterson could be a steal if starting :) 

Like Firmino and Keita, but could be using 2 places to cover Salah?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
30/07/2018 10:35 am  
Posted by: rossdavidson

[attach]32[/attach]

Not used this site before so hoping my screenshot is visible to you all... Here’s a quick draft bearing in mind captaincy cover and team structure. Can’t ignore Paterson at 5.2 if he’s a guaranteed starter, with 10 goals last season?? Don’t fancy any United, Leicester or Spurs for the captaincy days, but going for “safe” choice with  De Gea. Aguero seemingly nailed started and we all know the damage he can do...

Welcome @rossdavidson

Liking that side a lot. Really nice balance and covers captaincy days well  ? 

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@liam123)
30/07/2018 3:36 pm  

Can’t decide wether to get a good defence or go heavy in midfield and attack. Which do you prefer?[attach]33,34[/attach]

ReplyQuote
rossdavidson
(@rossdavidson)
30/07/2018 3:45 pm  

Thanks a lot for the feedback Will! Putting faith in the Cardiff double-up at the back. Would rather that than a couple of budget options from newly promoted sides, also both picks have goal threat. Jota, Zaha and Richarlison all a bit of a punt, but I like Everton’s fixtures, Jota glorified striker and can’t think of many better options around Zaha’s price. Considered Mané/Coleman instead of Keita/Mendy? What do you think, any other good options I’m overlooking?

ReplyQuote
JRhale
(@jrhale)
30/07/2018 5:13 pm  

[attach]35[/attach]hi guys, just out of curiosity what do you think of this lineup? Was just playing around a bit here and there and got to this. Actually thinking of getting Richarlison in for jota then i can play either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formation. Thanks

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
30/07/2018 8:31 pm  

Thanks a lot for the feedback Will! Putting faith in the Cardiff double-up at the back. Would rather that than a couple of budget options from newly promoted sides, also both picks have goal threat. Jota, Zaha and Richarlison all a bit of a punt, but I like Everton’s fixtures, Jota glorified striker and can’t think of many better options around Zaha’s price. Considered Mané/Coleman instead of Keita/Mendy? What do you think, any other good options I’m overlooking?

Jota a great pick - he’s in mine now too. Zaha and Richarlison should be great picks. 

Just the Cardiff double up will cost you a lot - I think they will struggle big time this year. I’d be tempted to downgrade Ozil (difficult couple of first fixtures) and then upgrade one of the them. 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
30/07/2018 8:45 pm  

[attach]36[/attach]

I’m feeling like my team is looking good. Got a good balance across the park.

Your feedback is welcome chaps.

ReplyQuote
Gary Precious
(@garyp)
Eminent Member
30/07/2018 9:27 pm  

Any comments welcome..

[attach]37[/attach]

ReplyQuote
rossdavidson
(@rossdavidson)
30/07/2018 10:10 pm  

Jota a great pick - he’s in mine now too. Zaha and Richarlison should be great picks. 

Just the Cardiff double up will cost you a lot - I think they will struggle big time this year. I’d be tempted to downgrade Ozil (difficult couple of first fixtures) and then upgrade one of the them. 

Thanks for your input, I think you were looking at somebody else’s team as I don’t have Ozil, he’s far too overpriced, and poor opening fixtures as you mentioned. I think Cardiff kept more clean sheets than Fulham last season (correct me if I’m wrong?) and they’ve got decent opening fixtures. Saves significant funds and if they do pull a couple of clean sheets out of the bag then would be happy with those return.

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
31/07/2018 10:01 am  

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
31/07/2018 10:38 am  

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
31/07/2018 11:58 am  

The first four weeks are going to take some thinking outside the box.

Everton got dismantled yet again in pre-season. Coleman and Richarlison are sexy picks but Coleman especially will crash and burn unless Everton dramatically improve inside of a fortnight.

Man City will rotate over those four weeks as their players settle back in. Sane is another sexy pick but to me, Guardiola will change that team up a lot until week six arrives. Do I want Sane just in case he plays at least three games of the first four, possibly?

Man Utd look shocking - players unavailable, injured, tired, etc, because conventional wisdom says you almost must have a Utd player, folk get drawn into the classic mistakes of fantasy football and following the masses when a different approach may work.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal? What exactly is going to happen there? Willian looks to be staying now, maybe even Hazard, so you have a 4-3-3 system there (and similar at Arsenal) where 5-6 players are vying for three spots. Victor Moses, listed as a defender but playing out wide in midfield in pre-season, so he could coin in the points. But will he? Pedro scoring, but will he play four games early on?

West Ham - everyone saying steer clear because they have harder match-ups. But with a lot of teams needing a month to settle down are we avoiding them because that is what is expected, that those harder fixtures on paper are unwinnable according to those apparently in the know?

This season is distinctly different because of the World Cup and because of the changes at a few clubs. I took a couple of those sexy picks out this morning as they are not nailed on. This season (and the way to win it) is going to take a really smart start I believe. A couple of the promoted clubs might just take advantage of the clean slate, so to speak. I am going to have a complete redraft of my team and compare nailed on vs maybe nailed on/wishful nailed on.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Back Of The Netski

dowson51 liked
ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
31/07/2018 10:09 pm  
Posted by: Back Of The Netski

The first four weeks are going to take some thinking outside the box.

Everton got dismantled yet again in pre-season. Coleman and Richarlison are sexy picks but Coleman especially will crash and burn unless Everton dramatically improve inside of a fortnight.

Man City will rotate over those four weeks as their players settle back in. Sane is another sexy pick but to me, Guardiola will change that team up a lot until week six arrives. Do I want Sane just in case he plays at least three games of the first four, possibly?

Man Utd look shocking - players unavailable, injured, tired, etc, because conventional wisdom says you almost must have a Utd player, folk get drawn into the classic mistakes of fantasy football and following the masses when a different approach may work.

Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal? What exactly is going to happen there? Willian looks to be staying now, maybe even Hazard, so you have a 4-3-3 system there (and similar at Arsenal) where 5-6 players are vying for three spots. Victor Moses, listed as a defender but playing out wide in midfield in pre-season, so he could coin in the points. But will he? Pedro scoring, but will he play four games early on?

West Ham - everyone saying steer clear because they have harder match-ups. But with a lot of teams needing a month to settle down are we avoiding them because that is what is expected, that those harder fixtures on paper are unwinnable according to those apparently in the know?

This season is distinctly different because of the World Cup and because of the changes at a few clubs. I took a couple of those sexy picks out this morning as they are not nailed on. This season (and the way to win it) is going to take a really smart start I believe. A couple of the promoted clubs might just take advantage of the clean slate, so to speak. I am going to have a complete redraft of my team and compare nailed on vs maybe nailed on/wishful nailed on.

I think preseason needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Players will be rusty, not fit and some will be missing. Despite that, I don't disagree with a lot of what you have said there though

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
01/08/2018 9:51 am  

Settled for 2 days now (must be a record) - any thoughts welcome.

Couple cash leagues for the first time so taking it seriously and signed up for the site to lead me to glory. Excellent content and really a great support for a novice![attach]39[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
01/08/2018 11:29 am  

Settled for 2 days now (must be a record) - any thoughts welcome.

Couple cash leagues for the first time so taking it seriously and signed up for the site to lead me to glory. Excellent content and really a great support for a novice![attach]39[/attach]

Very little not to like there. Only thing missing potentially is a City attacker, but nailing one down is a whole other issue. 

Think you might be good to go ? 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Paul Jones

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
01/08/2018 1:19 pm  

Thank you ??

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
01/08/2018 5:28 pm  

Very interesting observations there.

ReplyQuote
Colin Charnley
(@charnlec77)
01/08/2018 9:34 pm  

Admin - apologies for posting on FB again.

Pre-overhaul team...thoughts?[attach]43[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: