Rate My Team - Sky  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
01/08/2018 11:08 pm  
Posted by: Accidental Partridge

Settled for 2 days now (must be a record) - any thoughts welcome.

Couple cash leagues for the first time so taking it seriously and signed up for the site to lead me to glory. Excellent content and really a great support for a novice![attach]39[/attach]

Glad you're enjoying the content @willim61. Like that team a lot.. can't fault any of those picks 

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
01/08/2018 11:12 pm  
Posted by: Mish
Posted by: Mish
Hi guys great site and great advice. 
I’ve been tinkering with my team for weeks and this is my latest.....I really want to put a Man City midfielder in (maybe Sane), but you just can’t guarantee who will play due to rotation. 
Your thoughts would be gratefully appreciated! Cheers. 

Balls!! Can’t seem to upload my screenshot....this is my team:

De Gea

Robertson Morrison Boly

Zaha Mane Richarlison Cairney Jota 

Sanchez Salah 

Cheers guys! 

Welcome @mish glad you're enjoying the site. Another great team with all caps covered. Have to admit I don't know much about Billy? 

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
01/08/2018 11:14 pm  
Posted by: Colin Charnley

Admin - apologies for posting on FB again.

Pre-overhaul team...thoughts?[attach]43[/attach]

Welcome to the site @charnlec77. I have to say, that's not far off my current set up. Great team ?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
01/08/2018 11:16 pm  
Posted by: Liam

Can’t decide wether to get a good defence or go heavy in midfield and attack. Which do you prefer?[attach]33,34[/attach]

First one for me. Not keen on 5 at the back though

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
01/08/2018 11:18 pm  
Posted by: Gary Precious

Any comments welcome..

[attach]37[/attach]

Nice team @garyp. Very brave going without Salah.. Not a risk I'd personally take, but could pay off for you with Mane looking on pens

ReplyQuote
Scezy
(@scezy)
02/08/2018 12:36 pm  

[attach]45[/attach]

Hi guys would appreciate any feedback on this draft team? Aiming for no transfers before the overhaul. 

This team leaves me with 1.2m to spare. 

Cheers?

ReplyQuote
drthorne96
(@drthorne96)
02/08/2018 3:48 pm  
I consistently went 5atb and heavily invested in defence last year and it worked really well, so am doing the same. In terms of odd picks: Paterson plays LCM for cardiff but is a super cheap defender in Sky FF and Hudson-Odoi is one of the cheapest midfielders in the game, but has started almost all preseason matches (really impressed throughout). Interestingly, Sarri came out yesterday and said that Hudson-Odoi is a first-team player and will be also starting in the community shield. I am sure we all know that Sarri is a man of habit, basically not changing his Napoli XI at all last year. So, you would think that his community shield XI is likely to be his first team XI for the year (except hazard and Kante, although I think the former might be sold). 

[attach]46[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
02/08/2018 5:37 pm  
Posted by: Scezy

[attach]45[/attach]

Hi guys would appreciate any feedback on this draft team? Aiming for no transfers before the overhaul. 

This team leaves me with 1.2m to spare. 

Cheers?

No captain for the Friday night game?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
02/08/2018 11:10 pm  
Posted by: drthorne96
I consistently went 5atb and heavily invested in defence last year and it worked really well, so am doing the same. In terms of odd picks: Paterson plays LCM for cardiff but is a super cheap defender in Sky FF and Hudson-Odoi is one of the cheapest midfielders in the game, but has started almost all preseason matches (really impressed throughout). Interestingly, Sarri came out yesterday and said that Hudson-Odoi is a first-team player and will be also starting in the community shield. I am sure we all know that Sarri is a man of habit, basically not changing his Napoli XI at all last year. So, you would think that his community shield XI is likely to be his first team XI for the year (except hazard and Kante, although I think the former might be sold). 

[attach]46[/attach]
Excellent team @drthorne96. Only slight concenc is playing 5 at the back.

Interesting point on Hudson. On my watchlist ?

ReplyQuote
normanconquest
(@normanconquest)
03/08/2018 7:41 am  

hi guys my first year of taking the sky game seriously thoughts on my team please

thanks [attach]47[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Perry coleman
(@pezzer)
03/08/2018 10:52 am  
Almost finished tinkering
Thoughts please

ReplyQuote
Perry coleman
(@pezzer)
03/08/2018 11:13 am  

[attach]49[/attach]

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
03/08/2018 1:23 pm  
Posted by: Perry coleman

[attach]49[/attach]

Target a very short term pick IMO and not nailed. 

Double pool defence could bite (but FWIW I like it!) and 

ive trimmed elsewhere to bring in Fabregas over Jorginho - I’m just not convinced he’ll be nailed from the start. 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
03/08/2018 1:24 pm  

[attach]50[/attach]

too many punts in here you feel? I must say I think it’s the most balanced squad I’ve produced thus far.

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Spoors
(@spoors_11)
04/08/2018 9:59 am  

Any comments appreciated!

[attach]51[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
04/08/2018 2:05 pm  

[attach]53[/attach]

If Hudson-Odoi is the pre-Overhaul magic bean and Paterson the go-to cheap defender, how about something like this to get good attacking captaincies for the first 11 Matchdays? 

Sanchez v LEI

Zaha v FUL

Salah v WHU

Aubameyang v CHE

Sane v HUD or Sanchez v BTN

Salah v CRY

Salah v BTN

Zaha v WAT

Sanchez v TOT

Salah v LEI

Aubameyang v CAR

Not overly struck on Vestergaard, so any defender £7.5 or less could fill that slot.

ReplyQuote
Nicola
(@njsgert)
New Member Customer
04/08/2018 5:56 pm  

[attach]54[/attach]Hi any help on this Pre Overhaul team will be grateful bit worried about the defence. Think I’ve covered the captains 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Nicola

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
05/08/2018 12:21 am  

[attach]55[/attach]

Not sure if screenshot of team is showing, but it is as follows-

Alisson

Van aanholt, Robertson, Janmaat

Ozil, Mahrez, Mcdonald, Jorghino, Bissouma

Sanchez, Salah

First time doing Sky FF. I picked this team before I came across Fantasy Football Hub. After seeing other members' teams I'm a little concerned on Janmaat, McDonald and Bissouma.

Paterson seems popular. He's obviously cheap, but I can see Cardiff leaking goals.

Richarlison seems good value, but I'd still need to remove Ozil or Mahrez to being him in and I think I need at least 1 Man C and Arsenal player.

Any advice very welcome.

ReplyQuote
Ad_87
(@ad_87)
05/08/2018 4:51 pm  

Hi guys, I’d appreciate your thoughts on the following team:

[attach]56[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Ad_87
(@ad_87)
05/08/2018 6:07 pm  
Posted by: Ad_87

[attach]56,56[/attach]

Or this team??

[attach]57[/attach]

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
05/08/2018 6:52 pm  

1) Sanchez & Mahrez

2) Aguero & Zaha

all vote now! 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
05/08/2018 6:54 pm  

[attach]56[/attach]

I like it. I know Patterson is an enabler but do you not worry that Cardiff will take a pasting most weeks? 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
05/08/2018 7:06 pm  
Posted by: gilders

[attach]55[/attach]

Not sure if screenshot of team is showing, but it is as follows-

Alisson

Van aanholt, Robertson, Janmaat

Ozil, Mahrez, Mcdonald, Jorghino, Bissouma

Sanchez, Salah

First time doing Sky FF. I picked this team before I came across Fantasy Football Hub. After seeing other members' teams I'm a little concerned on Janmaat, McDonald and Bissouma.

Paterson seems popular. He's obviously cheap, but I can see Cardiff leaking goals.

Richarlison seems good value, but I'd still need to remove Ozil or Mahrez to being him in and I think I need at least 1 Man C and Arsenal player.

Any advice very welcome.

I think you’ve got to reconsider Paterson to free up funds.

I’d go:

Janmaat > Paterson

Bissouma > Richarlson

I’d probably keep McDonalad as I don’t see a better midfielder at that price or downgrade Mahrez > Mendy, so you still have Man City coverage, and then you’d have enough for Jota if my calculations are correct.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
05/08/2018 7:38 pm  

[attach]56,56[/attach]

Or this team??

[attach]57[/attach]

The second one

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
05/08/2018 7:48 pm  
Posted by: Nicola

[attach]54[/attach]Hi any help on this Pre Overhaul team will be grateful bit worried about the defence. Think I’ve covered the captains 

I’d go Doherty > Coady and use the money saved to upgrade Duffy to someone like Coleman / Bertrand / Baines

ReplyQuote
Ad_87
(@ad_87)
05/08/2018 8:36 pm  
Posted by: Mr_Forest3

[attach]56,56,56[/attach]

Or this team??

[attach]57,57[/attach]

The second one

Fred nailed on to start you reckon?

ReplyQuote
Dowwyy
(@dowwyy)
05/08/2018 10:52 pm  

[attach]58[/attach]

Any changes or tips? Plan to swap Sanchez after United's GW2 game for Auba. Got the .5m in the bank. Schlupp as winger is exciting.

ReplyQuote
Grilligion
(@grilligion)
06/08/2018 7:33 pm  

[attach]62[/attach]Hi guys,

Thought on this one please. I’m conscious I’ve got Liverpool players in each position but they’ve got strong opening fixtures. I’d like to squeeze in Zaha if I could but this would probably mean losing Mendy and I’m not sure it would be worth it. 

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
06/08/2018 9:00 pm  

Took advice on board from @mr_forest3 thank you and made a few changes.

Think I'm happy with the choices now. But all it takes is a last minute transfer or news of a World Cup player starting GW1 and I'll be reassessing again.[attach]63[/attach]

This post was modified 2 years ago by gilders

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
06/08/2018 9:01 pm  

Hi Grilli, Good team there. Liverpool could well explode in the early games and your selection could  give you a hatfull of pts,but my only concern would be that Man City are going to score a lot of goals,and your team offers nothing in midfield or up front to take advantage of that certainty. So 2 for Liv and 2 for MC would be a better balance. Good luck anyway. Dave

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
06/08/2018 9:31 pm  
Posted by: Grilligion

[attach]62[/attach]Hi guys,

Thought on this one please. I’m conscious I’ve got Liverpool players in each position but they’ve got strong opening fixtures. I’d like to squeeze in Zaha if I could but this would probably mean losing Mendy and I’m not sure it would be worth it. 

Think Zaha likely to score more than Mendy tbh.

ReplyQuote
gaz3376
(@gaz3376)
Trusted Member
07/08/2018 12:09 pm  

Literally first day doing Sky Fantasy, Just subscribed and ive read the beginners guide.  Trying to get my head around captain choices for first 3 days of season.  Salah nailed on for the Sunday, who are you thinkin for Friday and Sat?

Thanks in advance

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
07/08/2018 2:00 pm  

Captains double the points for that particular player, so it makes sense to chose the player that is most likely to gain the most points on that particular day. I'm relying on my expensive strikers for this, with the rest of the team constantly picking up points (with the hope of some surprising performances that may earn lots of points). As I currently have Salah, Sanchez and Aguero, I will be choosing Sanchez Friday, Saturday I'm fairly certain that I'll pick Jorginho (hopeful for a passing bonus), Sunday is a choice between Aguero and Salah. I'd be leaning more towards Aguero as he seems to be in scoring form and I think he might want to prove how Argentina made a mistake not playing him in World Cup. But Salah is playing against a weaker team.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
07/08/2018 8:55 pm  

Hi Folks,

I've tinkered and tinkered till I can't tinker any more,so here's my team to start the season.What do you think guys and galls?

Alisson,Mendy,Boly,Paterson,Gibson,Fellaini,Eriksen,Zaha,Deulofeu,Ageuro,

Salah. I shall be monitoring Man Us line up on Friday to see if Fell starts. Temted to play 3 Man C players with an addition in midfield,but will see how the 1st game goes. Is 3 Man C players too many? Dave (marilyn 60) 

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
07/08/2018 9:26 pm  

After the Arsenal game, Man City have a good run of games, 3 Man City players would be nice but the rotation risk is the issue, particularly as KDB might not start first few games. I’d love to have Aguero  but it would be just my luck for Jesus to lead the line. I’m tempted by B Silva following his form and Pep’s recent comments, for first 4 games at least...

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
07/08/2018 9:33 pm  

PS - sounds like Fellaini won’t take part in the opening game from Mourinho’s press release after their last pre-season game.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 9:52 am  
Posted by: gaz3376

Literally first day doing Sky Fantasy, Just subscribed and ive read the beginners guide.  Trying to get my head around captain choices for first 3 days of season.  Salah nailed on for the Sunday, who are you thinkin for Friday and Sat?

Thanks in advance

DDG & Zaha respectively! 

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 12:37 pm  

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not quite sure about the rotation issues as i'm not an expert at this .

ReplyQuote
Spencer
(@spencer)
08/08/2018 1:25 pm  

Hey guys, my first post here.  Please be gentle! 

Going without Man Utd, so punting on Maddison for the first game of the season.  Thoughts please.

[attach]66[/attach]

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 1:25 pm  

Me neither Marilyn, Man City just have too many player options and squad depth that the manager is likely to rotate the team, so is difficult to ensure you pick the players that will be picked...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: