Rate My Team - Sky  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
08/08/2018 1:57 pm  
Posted by: Spencer

Hey guys, my first post here.  Please be gentle! 

Going without Man Utd, so punting on Maddison for the first game of the season.  Thoughts please.

[attach]66[/attach]

Welcome to the site @spencer

Like that team a lot and Maddison is an interesting route to navigate the first captaincy. I don't know much about Ralls if I'm honest, how come you picked him?

I built a website to justify my addiction.

Spencer liked
ReplyQuote
Spencer
(@spencer)
08/08/2018 2:51 pm  
Posted by: Will Thomas

Like that team a lot and Maddison is an interesting route to navigate the first captaincy. I don't know much about Ralls if I'm honest, how come you picked him?

Ralls is supposedly on set pieces and penalties.  DM so looking for those tackle bonus points.  And he's cheap!

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
08/08/2018 2:56 pm  
Posted by: Spencer
Posted by: Will Thomas

Ralls is supposedly on set pieces and penalties.  DM so looking for those tackle bonus points.  And he's cheap!

Thanks. On the watchlist!

Spencer liked
ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 3:46 pm  

Love the James Maddison inclusion. I have him in too. He added 14 goals last season. With United in a flux with a lot of their players and having Eriksen in for GW3, no need for a United player. Four 'Pool players in but doesn't feel too much with their first four games. Palace have a great schedule and are arguably the 'winners' of pre-season, if you like that kind of thing. Two from them in my team.

Bernardo Silva looks the most nailed available player along with Mendy from Man City. Boly is a solid, nailed on pick for Wolves. I saw little point in having more than Salah up front as having a City and Arsenal forward line with Salah (at the cost), leaves two of the most expensive players out of Captaincy option in Game-week 1 as Liverpool, City and Arsenal all play the same day, as they do in Game-week 3, on the Saturday. To have two of those big hitters unable to be captained in two games from four seemed pointless to me. I have five across the middle with decent captain options, covering all games.

90% decided on this team. No Chelsea or Arsenal yet as no idea how they will line up or play, who will be nailed on, etc, same with rotation for the most part at City and United, although B Silva and Mendy look the best options. Who even knows if Aguero or Jesus will get a full two games from the four? Don't think Pep does.

My team for the first four weeks only, as nailed a selection as I can imagine the managers concerned would make, covering captaincy, bonus potential and clean sheets, with Zaha effectively a second forward anyway. The whole of my midfield could grab MOTM awards based on what the fixtures put up on paper. We shall see.

Alisson.

Robertson, Mendy, PVA, Boly.

Keita, Eriksen, Zaha, B Silva, Maddison.

Salah.  

Just waiting on a couple of players I did consider, just to check on fitness and team manager pressers before Friday evening. The picture will be a lot clearer after GW3 when the first reset arrives.

marilyn60 and Spencer liked
ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 4:22 pm  

Hi guys,

Finally, a forum with a a RMT for Sky. Thanks for setting this up :)

Would greatly appreciate views on this. Seri could become Ralls, King could become/be swapped for Bernardo Silva and money in the bank to easily get Kane in for Eriksen/King if needed. I really want Mendy, as think a United, City and Liverpool defensive trio will be great in the early stages but it's tricky to achieve.

Thanks guys![attach]68[/attach]

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 7:32 pm  
Posted by: olipoole

Hi guys,

Would greatly appreciate views on this. Seri could become Ralls, King could become/be swapped for Bernardo Silva and money in the bank to easily get Kane in for Eriksen/King if needed. I really want Mendy, as think a United, City and Liverpool defensive trio will be great in the early stages but it's tricky to achieve.

Thanks guys![attach]68[/attach]

Like it - just not sold on Cardiff personally. Other than that you’re good to go 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 7:56 pm  

Narrowed down to 2 options - my fate is in your hands:

A) Alisson 

Lowton / Robertson / Obi Wan-B / Boly

Siggy / Keita / Seri

Kun / Sánchez / Salah

B) DDG

Bertrand / Robertson/ Mendy / Obi Wan-B

Richarlison / Jota / Seri / Jorginho

Kun / Salah

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 8:14 pm  

I think B has it. You don't gain enough from downgrading the defence to merit A, in my opinion. 

B has the better balance, plus one or two differentials like Jota which are worth a punt. 

Lowton not only my list. Are there any better options. Is he about 7.4? Either of them have anything in the bank? 

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 8:18 pm  
Posted by: Accidental Partridge

Hi guys,

Thanks guys![attach]68,68[/attach]

Like it - just not sold on Cardiff personally. Other than that you’re good to go 

Thanks. 50/50 on whether Seri will get the bonuses in a team like Fulham. Ralls apparently on free kicks and maybe pens, while fixtures for first four are reasonably decent.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 8:45 pm  

I think B has it. You don't gain enough from downgrading the defence to merit A, in my opinion. 

B has the better balance, plus one or two differentials like Jota which are worth a punt. 

Lowton not only my list. Are there any better options. Is he about 7.4? Either of them have anything in the bank? 

He’s 7.8 so up to that 

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 11:31 pm  

He’s 7.8 so up to that 

In that sort of price bracket I struggle to see past Van Aanholt. I like Burnley's fixtures but wonder how strong they'll be this year. Not convinced they will replicate last season's form and European qualifiers will be an extra burden. 

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
09/08/2018 7:51 am  

He’s 7.8 so up to that 

In that sort of price bracket I struggle to see past Van Aanholt. I like Burnley's fixtures but wonder how strong they'll be this year. Not convinced they will replicate last season's form and European qualifiers will be an extra burden. 

Yes, PVA for me at that range too  ? 

ReplyQuote
Andrew Whitley
(@forestforever)
09/08/2018 2:13 pm  

Who is better for the first four games of the season: Mane or Sane?    I can trade Sane for Mane if I trade Van A for Wan B In defense for Crystal Palace?

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
09/08/2018 2:23 pm  
Posted by: Andrew Whitley

Who is better for the first four games of the season: Mane or Sane?    I can trade Sane for Mane if I trade Van A for Wan B In defense for Crystal Palace?

Mane for me. You pretty much know what you'll get from him, while with Sane I'd question whether he will start given his dodgy pre-season. The defensive trade-up is a vast improvement though, so a tricky balance. I think there are worse gambles to take than Sane. 

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@liam123)
09/08/2018 2:38 pm  

[attach]73[/attach]

Think ive finally settled on my starting team. I will use a transfer for Sanchez to Kane (if he starts) any advice welcome.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
09/08/2018 6:52 pm  
Posted by: Liam

[attach]73[/attach]

Think ive finally settled on my starting team. I will use a transfer for Sanchez to Kane (if he starts) any advice welcome.

I’ve been considering the exact same transfer - I just feel like it’s a waste for the sake of a good start.

rest looks banging

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@liam123)
09/08/2018 7:17 pm  

[attach]73,73[/attach]

I’ve been considering the exact same transfer - I just feel like it’s a waste for the sake of a good start.

rest looks banging

It’s a transfer I don’t really want to use either, but I don’t know what other captain to have for the United game. I’ve considered a few in, Fred, Mata and Maddison but keep on coming back to Sanchez.

ReplyQuote
Liam
 Liam
(@liam123)
09/08/2018 7:18 pm  

[attach]73,73[/attach]

rest looks banging

It’s a transfer I don’t really want to use either, but I don’t know what other captain to have for the United game. I’ve considered a few in, Fred, Mata and Maddison but keep on coming back to Sanchez.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
09/08/2018 9:21 pm  

[attach]73,73[/attach]

rest looks banging

I've got DDG & Maddison. Considering Fraser as an option in my midfield too

ReplyQuote
swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
09/08/2018 10:17 pm  

Ok I think I am settled on this team for first 4 weeks, any thoughts guys?[attach]76[/attach]

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
09/08/2018 11:09 pm  

Do we think Paterson is a starter? 

ReplyQuote
FPL Kangaroo
(@fplkangaroo)
Eminent Member
09/08/2018 11:30 pm  

I reckon we will get 2/4 starts from him from the first 4 games pre-over-haul....at his price what do you expect tbf.

ReplyQuote
rossdavidson
(@rossdavidson)
10/08/2018 12:21 am  

Hi everyone, I’m undecided between these two teams. Any comments appreciated. DDG offers solid captaincy routes vs LEI and vs TOT, and no transfer before the OH. However, I’m not sold on United, think they’ve looked poor in pre season. Feel the need for City players but concerned for the minutes of all 3 features players. I think Arsenal will score in GW1, and how many minutes will Aguero get is anyone’s guess. I think another Liverpool attackee to supplement Salah is important, would go for Mané but Keita + £1.8m means he’s been in almost every draft. Eriksen in the other team will cover potentially 3 captaincies, and I think he could do well. Zaha is expensive if he’s going to be forced into a wider position, although we know he can still score points from there. I fancy Jota and Richarlison to do well over the course of the season, but just whether they can do it in the first 4 GWs... Feel it is a bit “punty” to go with both. Robertson looks nailed on until maybe rotation with Moreno when the CL comes into contention, fancy Liverpool for clean sheets hence th double up with Alisson. Paterson in both, but not seen an awful lot spoken about him? Joint top scorer from midfield, £5.2m seems too good to be true? He’s played the majority of pre-season which suggests he will start. Not sure about the clean sheet potential, but for that price can’t expect miracles. Although Huddersfield last season got 3/3 clean sheets GW1-3. But yeah, DDG team looks like minimal transfers required. Maddison team potentially 1-2 before the OH. Any other thoughts? Is PVA worth an extra £1m over Wan-Bissaka, who looks nailed? How likely is it PVA will actually score?  Sorry for the long one!

ReplyQuote
rossdavidson
(@rossdavidson)
10/08/2018 12:23 am  

[attach]78,77[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Andrew Whitley
(@forestforever)
10/08/2018 5:11 am  

Thanks.  This is a tough decision.  I agree Mane over Sane, especially as Mane May be the penalty taker for Liverpool at least for now.  I hate losing Van A though.  Figure I will count on more points from Mane than Van A and Sane combined.  Might get two clean sheets out if Crystal Palace through Wan B in first 4 games.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
10/08/2018 7:45 am  

[attach]79[/attach]

All set for first 4 weeks? So glad I joined this site - so beneficial! Advice welcome :)

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
10/08/2018 10:31 am  

[attach]80[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
10/08/2018 10:33 am  
Posted by: Mish

[attach]80,80[/attach]

My final draft pre-overhaul. This site has been so helpful....any thoughts very welcome. Cheers! 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
10/08/2018 11:02 am  

[attach]80,80[/attach]

My final draft pre-overhaul. This site has been so helpful....any thoughts very welcome. Cheers! 

Double pool here too now! Decided a double pool defence and Jorginho was a better option than Keita.

I've been bleating on about Paterson - I just think CDF will concede so many goals he's not worth it. An extra 1.4m for AWBissaka (even though it means downgrading a midfielder) is worth it IMO.

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
fraser1927
(@fraser1927)
10/08/2018 11:28 am  

Opinions on this team? Just until overhaul, will bring in KDB for Sanchez and replace Ralls + Paterson [attach]81[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
10/08/2018 12:14 pm  

[attach]80,80,80[/attach]

Double pool here too now! Decided a double pool defence and Jorginho was a better option than Keita.

I've been bleating on about Paterson - I just think CDF will concede so many goals he's not worth it. An extra 1.4m for AWBissaka (even though it means downgrading a midfielder) is worth it IMO.

Thanks for the advice. I think being a Reds fan has influenced my decision to include Keita! Maybe a re-think is required....

ReplyQuote
smclean
(@sm)
Eminent Member
10/08/2018 12:22 pm  

Pre overhaul Paterson could be a pick, as likely to be involved in all four matches in some form. However longer term, not worth having at all.  Despite hoping a fellow Scot storms it, listed as defender makes him even less appealing. PL Prediction? Scores 1-3 goals, Cardiff take a beating in terms of goals lost.  Gains no bonus points for tackles/passes.

In terms of how the promoted teams better scorers have done in their following Premier League season, look below for a small sample. Bear in mind too the Championship (FL) has eight more matches than PL in which to score goals.  For example, Jota scored 17 goals last season but played in 44 matches to do so.

*If names don't appear in PL season, they were either sold or loaned out.

FL - 13/14 – Leicester, Burnley & QPR – Nugent 20, Vardy 16, Ings 21, Vokes 20, Austin 17

PL 14/15 – Nugent and Vardy 5, Ings 11, Vokes 0, Austin 18

FL - 14/15 – Bournemouth, Watford & Norwich – Wilson 20, Ritchie 15, Deeney 21, Ighalo 20, Jerome 18, Johnson 15, Hooper 12

PL 15/16 – Wilson 5, Ritchie 4, Deeney 13, Ighalo 15, Jerome 3

FL - 15/16 -  Burnley, Middlesbrough & Hull – Gray 25, Vokes 15, Nugent 8, Hernandez 20, Diame 9

PL 16/17 – Gray 9, Vokes 10, Nugent 0, Hernandez 5

FL - 16/17 – Newcastle, Brighton & Huddersfield – Gayle 23, Ritchie 12, Murray 23, Baldock 11, Hemed 11, Kachunga 12, Wells 10

PL 17/18 – Gayle 6, Ritchie 3, Murray 14, Baldock 0, Hemed 2, Kachunga 1

FL - 17/18 – Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham – Jota 17, Bonatini 12, Cavaleiro 9, Sessegnon 15, Mitrovic 12, Paterson 10, Hoilett & Zohore 9, 

PL 17/18 - ????

As you can see there's normally at least one player from the three promoted sides combined who achieves double figures in PL season.  (Ings, Austin, Deeney, Ighalo, Vokes and Murray).  All strikers.  

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
10/08/2018 2:38 pm  

Final tweaks - Fraser or Sessegnon?

I already have Jota in my midfield for promoted assets. I like Fraser's first fixture, while Sessegnon has Spurs away in GW2. On the other hand, Sessegnon could be more of a Sky MOTM darling, has much higher ownership (c.2% to 10%) and Fraser tanked when I started with him last season!

ReplyQuote
Muzza13
(@muzza13)
10/08/2018 4:56 pm  

[attach]83[/attach]

Hi, my first attempt at Sky, let me know what you think, 

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
10/08/2018 5:54 pm  

Tinkered slightly, covered all the bases, but couldn't get a 100% happy hit, so entered a second team. More to deal with but gives me a shot at having a decent go with all the players I wanted:

Back Of The Netski:

Moraes.

PVA, Robertson, Mendy, Boly.

Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, B.Silva, Maddison, Jorginho.

Salah.

The Marching Saints:

Foster.

Robertson, Mendy, Boly.

B.Silva, Hughes, Moura, Maddison, Zaha.

Salah, Aubameyang.

Nearly time. Good luck all!!

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
10/08/2018 7:57 pm  
Posted by: Back Of The Netski

Tinkered slightly, covered all the bases, but couldn't get a 100% happy hit, so entered a second team. More to deal with but gives me a shot at having a decent go with all the players I wanted:

Back Of The Netski:

Moraes.

PVA, Robertson, Mendy, Boly.

Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, B.Silva, Maddison, Jorginho.

Salah.

The Marching Saints:

Foster.

Robertson, Mendy, Boly.

B.Silva, Hughes, Moura, Maddison, Zaha.

Salah, Aubameyang.

Nearly time. Good luck all!!

Very nice. Good luck for the season all

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
11/08/2018 8:05 am  

Who to captain today? 

A) Fraser

B) Richarlison 

C) Jorginho

D) PVA

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
11/08/2018 8:15 am  

A

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
11/08/2018 3:00 pm  

If I had any of these which I don't Mr Partridge,I would probably take a punt on Jorghino. Anybody's guess really.Good Luck anyway. Dave

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
11/08/2018 3:06 pm  

Very interesting stats there. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: