Scores on the doors & Lessons learnt - SkyFF  

RSS

It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 8:27 am  

Shalom everyone, Shalom.

Thought it’d be a good idea to share an update on scores so far and include any lessons learnt so far.

I’m on 73 with 5 to play. My lesson thus far is captaining choices should gravitate towards more attacking players - I captained Fraser over Richarlison!

Hope everyone is set up for today - I’m on Salah (C) of course. He won’t blank will he?

ReplyQuote
swiftywales
(@swiftywales)
12/08/2018 10:11 am  

I’m on 43 with 6 to play. Annoyingly put Sanchez in to have a captain on Friday but think it may be more important to have higher scorers in my 11 instead of ensuring all captaincy games are covered.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
12/08/2018 10:17 am  

Huge score @willim61.

Despite having Shaw (c) and Seri in my diary team - I took them both out last minute  😰 

Just 36 points in main team. Early doors though!

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 10:38 am  
Posted by: Will Thomas

Huge score @willim61.

Despite having Shaw (c) and Seri in my diary team - I took them both out last minute  😰 

Just 36 points in main team. Early doors though!

Ouch. Happened to me in my FPL team. Long old season!

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
12/08/2018 11:00 am  

Great start William, I had 67pts. Main lesson for me is in short term there is a lot of luck and still luck in long term. There will always be ifs and buts. I had Rudiger, and on another day Chelsea would have lost and Kane got a hattrick. Today lucky - tomorrow maybe not.

Just happy that my players played and knowing its a long way to go.

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
12/08/2018 11:01 am  

Nice one @willim61! I agree @swiftywales. I put Maddison in for Friday’s match to cover the captaincy. I also made the mistake of making Moura my captain instead of Richarlison...thought he’d take a game or two to warm up....D’oh!!!! Currently on 41 points with 6 to play. Good luck everyone 👍🏻 

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Eminent Member
12/08/2018 11:50 am  

56 points with 5 to play (including Sanchez to Salah transfer).

This is my first year taking the game seriously. Played last year but got punished very heavily when I subbed out Kane and he scored back to back hat tricks, then I got unlucky with captain choices over xmas. Was near top 100 until then!

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 1:00 pm  

@willim61 good opening weekend score (with today still to come).

I guess I learnt to trust my instincts. I put Paterson in my team on the advice from this forum, but was always concerned about him either not being played or Cardiff leaking goals. I got rid of him at the last minute which left me enough cash to sub in Kane for Sanchez after Friday night. I hope that Kane improves for the next 3 games or that will be a wasted transfer.

I'm on 44 points with Salah, Aguero, Robertson and Alisson to play today. I'm 4th out of 16 in my local league, so I'd say I'm doing OK (not great), but a good Liverpool win and Aguero scoring, could get me even closer to top of the league.

Either way, very early days. I hope Paterson starts chipping in with goals for the, apparently, many people on this forum who have him (although I'll be kicking myself for getting rid of him).

I certainly won't be making any transfers before overhaul. I'm 100% happy with my team, except for Kane and possibly Jota. Kane looked really poor and tired imo. I didn't see Jota play, so it's unfair of me not to be 100% with him, but I chose him over Seri, costing me an extra £1.1m and getting less points.

This post was modified 1 month  ago by gilders

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 5:45 pm  

I wrote the above reply presuming that Paterson was on minus points as Cardiff lost 2-0. I now see that Paterson was subbed off before the second goal, so actually ended up with +2 points. 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 6:27 pm  

Some good opening weekend scores here folks. Hope today has been good to you. I’m topping out at 128 points today after a Salah goal and double pool clean sheets.

Trust your instincts and don’t go wild on your transfers. If you can make it to overhaul without using any then you’re onto a winner!

It’s very early days yet - this good week could be a disaster next week! 

Keep the faith.

Shalom

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 7:05 pm  
Posted by: It’s just Jim.

Some good opening weekend scores here folks. Hope today has been good to you. I’m topping out at 128 points today after a Salah goal and double pool clean sheets.

Trust your instincts and don’t go wild on your transfers. If you can make it to overhaul without using any then you’re onto a winner!

It’s very early days yet - this good week could be a disaster next week! 

Keep the faith.

Shalom

119 points - lost 9 points from somewhere it seems!

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
12/08/2018 7:26 pm  

78 for me, could have gone much better. Had Sanchez as captain for Friday but always planned to check the lineups for Spurs game and sub Kane in if playing and kept the £1m to do so. Thought I might as well captain him with Newcastle’s defence looking dodgy in pre-season, shifting from the original plan of Zaha.  119 sounds an awesome start!

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
12/08/2018 8:08 pm  

Very pleased with my 100 points. Wish I’d gone for Wan Bissaka instead of PVA though...cheaper and more points! Sticking with no transfers pre-overhaul though! 

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Eminent Member
12/08/2018 8:20 pm  

120 from me - good week because I captained Richarlison yesterday and had Mane in my team today.

Worried about not having Kane in my team against Fulham next week

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
13/08/2018 11:45 am  
Posted by: Blatch

120 from me - good week because I captained Richarlison yesterday and had Mane in my team today.

Worried about not having Kane in my team against Fulham next week

Yes I couldn't agree more - I'll be hiding behind the sofa while he's playing. He looked out of sorts against Newcastle but I expect him to score this week.

ReplyQuote
Jabudd
(@jabudd)
13/08/2018 2:27 pm  

Week 1 - 157 points and sitting 7th overall - oh what to do now lol 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
13/08/2018 4:16 pm  
Posted by: Jabudd

Week 1 - 157 points and sitting 7th overall - oh what to do now lol 

🤑 🤑  Outstanding work Jabudd - well done! Any tips for the rest of us?

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
21/08/2018 9:17 am  

GW2

Ankther good week for me. 136 points for the week with 264 overall.

Overall rank is 53rd!!! Top of the FFHub ML too - catch me if you can 😎

My lesson learnt:

Go with your gut. I spent a lot of time deliberating yesterday and had a feeling Salah wouldn’t outscore Robbo - but in the end took my armband off Robbo and put it on Salah. Only cost me 8 points but fine margins matter. So go with your gut folks.

How was your week folks?

ReplyQuote
rosco74
(@rosco)
21/08/2018 9:50 am  

127 points for the week.

232 overall for 741st on the Leaderboard.

Quite happy with my start considering I only had 9 starters in GW2 and only 1 transfer used overall.

Well done on your start Jim.

ReplyQuote
Dorrian321
(@dorrian321)
21/08/2018 10:26 am  

Good weekend this week for me with 139 points. Up to 250th overall now. Just hope i can stay around their now.

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
21/08/2018 10:42 am  

139 points for this week, 239 points in total. No transfers used.

Really pleased. I’m not too far off you @willim61...6th in the FFH league! 

I’ve been doing fantasy Football for years, and this is my best start ever-Thanks to you lot at FFH 👍🏻. 

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Eminent Member
21/08/2018 1:04 pm  

103 points this week (no Aguero) and 223 points / 1372 position overall.

Happy that my team with four liverpool players seems to be reliable to deliver 100+ point weeks without any outstanding performances. Hoping to slowly bring back the gap to everyone who captained Aguero over the next few months

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
28/08/2018 7:12 am  

Morning all!

A bad week this week. 71 points and a drop to 141. 

My worst point is having to burn 2 FT with Richarlison red & Bailly dropped.

Lesson learnt

Unuted are really really bad! 

How was everyone else’s week? 

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
28/08/2018 8:20 am  

Morning!

98 points for me this week and 121st on the leaderboard. Only used one transfer, so really pleased 😀!

Also, I’m top of the FFH league, but I’m sure it won’t last, lol 😆! 

Hornet liked
ReplyQuote
Alex Hemmings
(@mingo)
28/08/2018 3:47 pm  

104 points this week, 315 total for 512th place, delighted with my start so far.

Strangely enough nailed captains and transfers this week with Salah on Saturday, brought in Hazard for Fernandino Sunday and Trippier for Keita Monday. I usually try not to make any transfers before the overhaul but had no captains on Sunday or Monday and the two I took our hadn't performed yet. I just hope Trippier starts next Sunday as I have no other captain options.

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
29/08/2018 5:54 pm  
Posted by: Mish

Morning!

98 points for me this week and 121st on the leaderboard. Only used one transfer, so really pleased 😀!

Also, I’m top of the FFH league, but I’m sure it won’t last, lol 😆! 

I’m having to burn another transfer with Cairney out injured too!!! 

Wheels falling off Jim’s bus 😂😂

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
SC
 SC
(@sc)
30/08/2018 3:52 pm  

I’m 65th overall but have used 4 transfers. How would you rate this start? Hard to gauge as I suspect I’ve used more transfers than most. I’m going on the basis you get one a week and won’t use one this week?

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by SC

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Eminent Member
01/09/2018 10:16 am  
Posted by: SC

I’m 65th overall but have used 4 transfers. How would you rate this start? Hard to gauge as I suspect I’ve used more transfers than most. I’m going on the basis you get one a week and won’t use one this week?

It's a good start probably. Most guys in top 100 would have made more transfers than one per week. The game really starts after overhaul when everyone holding off for the overhaul starts making transfers

ReplyQuote
SC
 SC
(@sc)
01/09/2018 7:01 pm  
Posted by: Blatch

It's a good start probably. Most guys in top 100 would have made more transfers than one per week. The game really starts after overhaul when everyone holding off for the overhaul starts making transfers

Makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply... appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
Alex Hemmings
(@mingo)
01/09/2018 11:28 pm  

I'm around 500, burned 2 last week but got good returns. I only have Tripper tomorrow so pondering using another on bringing in Kane. 

ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
02/09/2018 8:22 am  
Posted by: Alex Hemmings

I'm around 500, burned 2 last week but got good returns. I only have Tripper tomorrow so pondering using another on bringing in Kane. 

That’s great going mate. Better start than me for sure 

ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
02/09/2018 8:23 am  

Great start mate. Four transfers  is fine. Many in top 100 used loads more than that 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
02/09/2018 9:03 am  

Looking for some advice if possible folks.

I’ve used 2 FT so far - and I’ve only got Fred playing today. 

Should I switch Kun to Kane / Aubameyang for some captain points before the overhaul - leaving me with 37 left for the season? 

Or just take a 4 pointer From Fred (Utd look awful)

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
02/09/2018 10:33 am  
Posted by: Alex Hemmings

Considering burning my 3rd to bring in Kane! 

ReplyQuote
SC
 SC
(@sc)
02/09/2018 5:53 pm  
Posted by: Dan Cox

Great start mate. Four transfers  is fine. Many in top 100 used loads more than that 

Okay, that’s positive! Just gotta nail the overhaul now! Thanks for the input. Articles are brilliant btw.

ReplyQuote
Share: