Sky Fantasy Football 2018/19 has launched  

RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
04/07/2018 3:52 pm  

It's time to get tinkering. Any bargains spotted? Any changes to the rules (I can't spot any)? 

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Trusted Member
04/07/2018 3:56 pm  

This has come at a good time. Just given up on world cup fantasy.. the serious stuff starts here 🙈

ReplyQuote
scotty
(@scotty)
04/07/2018 4:04 pm  

Everyone looks expensive at first glance, especially defence. Will need to do some digging for those bargains 

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
04/07/2018 4:42 pm  

Nothing striking me as different to last season in terms of rules either, although I have seen it said that the first overhaul is week 5 and not 4 as the site states??

Had been hoping for some interface changes but that obviously wasn't to be. Still hate the way the stats tab is set up and having to click on each player to even see what position they play!

Still no 5-4-1 formation or ranking history - my main gripes from past seasons.

Initial thoughts:

Prices looking seriously difficult this time around but seems a few new signings not even added yet e.g. R. Pereira (Leicester), Leno (Arsenal).....

No sub-6.0 starting GK by the looks of it with most of the likely lads in the 6.5-7.0 bracket. Guaita at Palace could be an option at 6.2 if he gets the nod over Hennessey.

Fred (Man Utd) could be one to look out for at 8.9 given the jump in price for Matic, Kante, Xhaka & Fernandinho and is only slightly higher than Doucoure. Fabinho (9.1) and Keita (9.2) worth a look too.

Will be monitoring Arsenal in pre-season. Lacazette could be a sleeper at 11.4, Mkhi at 9.7, & Ozil at 10.4.....all drops on last seasons prices. Ramsey & Auba got hikes but may still be worth consideration.

ReplyQuote
d1sable
(@disable)
04/07/2018 5:49 pm  

Antonio at 7.9m could be very good value if he can stay fit - IF

PVA at 7.6m

Stephens 6.9m if nailed....

Fabianksi at 6.5m look to be the go to keeper imo - only really like him or DDG at these prices 

ReplyQuote
Gary Precious
(@garyp)
04/07/2018 10:20 pm  

Well seems this year will have to be a choice not just enabled to get all the players you want, plan until first Over haul but what people’s thoughts on deulofeu? 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
05/07/2018 1:32 pm  
Posted by: Paul Jones

Nothing striking me as different to last season in terms of rules either, although I have seen it said that the first overhaul is week 5 and not 4 as the site states??

Had been hoping for some interface changes but that obviously wasn't to be. Still hate the way the stats tab is set up and having to click on each player to even see what position they play!

Still no 5-4-1 formation or ranking history - my main gripes from past seasons.

Initial thoughts:

Prices looking seriously difficult this time around but seems a few new signings not even added yet e.g. R. Pereira (Leicester), Leno (Arsenal).....

No sub-6.0 starting GK by the looks of it with most of the likely lads in the 6.5-7.0 bracket. Guaita at Palace could be an option at 6.2 if he gets the nod over Hennessey.

Fred (Man Utd) could be one to look out for at 8.9 given the jump in price for Matic, Kante, Xhaka & Fernandinho and is only slightly higher than Doucoure. Fabinho (9.1) and Keita (9.2) worth a look too.

Will be monitoring Arsenal in pre-season. Lacazette could be a sleeper at 11.4, Mkhi at 9.7, & Ozil at 10.4.....all drops on last seasons prices. Ramsey & Auba got hikes but may still be worth consideration.

Nice summary Paul. This is pretty much my feelings as well. Think we will have to be punting on a few new players and promoted players early season

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
05/07/2018 1:34 pm  
Posted by: Gary Precious

Well seems this year will have to be a choice not just enabled to get all the players you want, plan until first Over haul but what people’s thoughts on deulofeu? 

Never liked Deulofeu in Sky @garyp as he always struggled with game time. Open to be proved wrong though and his price does look attractive

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
05/07/2018 1:36 pm  
Posted by: d1sable

Antonio at 7.9m could be very good value if he can stay fit - IF

PVA at 7.6m

Stephens 6.9m if nailed....

Fabianksi at 6.5m look to be the go to keeper imo - only really like him or DDG at these prices 

Yeah, good shouts on all of those Luke. Especially Antonio. Were you involved in price setting this year?

ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
05/07/2018 1:39 pm  

Definitely going to give this game a shot. Might need a helping hand though  😛 

Is there a how to guide somewhere?

ReplyQuote
Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Trusted Member
05/07/2018 1:41 pm  
Posted by: Sophie

We can be newbies together Sophie. Heard good things about this game though

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
05/07/2018 2:01 pm  
Posted by: Sophie

Myself and @animal (Dan Cox) are putting together a members guide @Sophie

There will also be a ton of free articles on here pre-season :)

ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
05/07/2018 2:14 pm  

got a few articles in the pipeline that should be released  soon 

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
06/07/2018 12:17 pm  

TV Fixtures are out..........time for the proper planning to begin!

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Trusted Member
06/07/2018 1:03 pm  

United captain required. Will Lukaku be back? Guess we'll get to see lineups. Fred could be an option. Or Sanchez > Kane move?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
08/07/2018 12:06 am  

FFH Sky Leagues

Free Enter PIN: 8366876 at https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/leagues/8366876

£5 entry. Password: FFH5

https://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/leagues/8366879

Happy to create a £20 league or even host a high roller £50 league if people are keen?

Paul Jones and Ste H liked
ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
10/07/2018 6:19 am  
Posted by: Ste H

United captain required. Will Lukaku be back? Guess we'll get to see lineups. Fred could be an option. Or Sanchez > Kane move?

I’m pretty gutted that United are needed for captaincy. Hadn’t planned to have anyone in. I’m going to need to have a rethink.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
10/07/2018 10:12 am  
Posted by: Dan Cox
Posted by: Ste H

I’m pretty gutted that United are needed for captaincy. Hadn’t planned to have anyone in. I’m going to need to have a rethink.

Agreed. Seriously considering a Sanchez > Kane move or something like that. As @Ste said though, at least we will see line ups

ReplyQuote
Ricky Barnard
(@mr_forest3)
10/07/2018 9:23 pm  

Schmeichal my Captain that Friday, straight to the top of the leaderboard when he saves a Lukaku penalty and keeps a clean sheet then I plan to stay there all season...

Sound like a plan?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
10/07/2018 9:47 pm  
Posted by: Ricky Barnard

Schmeichal my Captain that Friday, straight to the top of the leaderboard when he saves a Lukaku penalty and keeps a clean sheet then I plan to stay there all season...

Sound like a plan?

Welcome to the forums Ricky. Haha, no-brainer!

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Trusted Member
16/07/2018 10:39 pm  
Posted by: Ricky Barnard

Sound like a plan?

A Forest fan supporting Leicester   🧐 Fantasy Football does some strange things   😜 

ReplyQuote
Ricky Barnard
(@mr_forest3)
17/07/2018 10:42 am  

We only hate Derby...

ReplyQuote
Share: