Sky Sports Fantasy Football - General Discussion  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
26/07/2018 8:45 am  

Thought I'd create a general discussion for Sky.

I'm currently trying to find the bargain basement players. With Douglas gone (gutted!), who's next Bamba, Paterson? Anyone cheap bonus players from midfield? Cairney maybe?

This topic was modified 3 months  ago 2 times by Will Thomas

Cartwjon liked
ReplyQuote
Paddy
(@paddy)
Eminent Member
26/07/2018 8:49 am  

Good idea Ste. At 7.3, Redmond seems underpriced? But I guess its Redmond.

There's Seri from Fulham also. Not sure about defenders

ReplyQuote
Jake
 Jake
(@jake)
26/07/2018 8:53 am  

Maybe Coady at 6.0 from Wolves? Shame their fixtures are so poor

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
26/07/2018 8:58 am  
Posted by: Paddy

Good idea Ste. At 7.3, Redmond seems underpriced? But I guess its Redmond.

There's Seri from Fulham also. Not sure about defenders

Cheers Paddy. Not sure I could go Redmond again. Seri could be a goer though, attempted and completed most passes last year in Ligue 1!

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
26/07/2018 8:59 am  
Posted by: Jake

Maybe Coady at 6.0 from Wolves? Shame their fixtures are so poor

Think Wolves could be on for a good season. If Coady nails down a spot, he could be gold, will he though?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
26/07/2018 9:07 am  

Nice one Ste. Seems popular topic already, might do a similar one for FPL. 

There's an article by @niall1mu in the pipeline on budget buys for Sky, so  watch out for that. Seri is on my list, as are a few of those defenders. 

This post was modified 3 months  ago by Will Thomas

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Si
 Si
(@si)
Eminent Member
26/07/2018 9:50 am  

With Valencia injury, I think Shaw might find his way into my team. Does Young go to RB and Shaw a certain at LB? Covers that first day captaincy as well

ReplyQuote
Ashley Hunt
(@ash9988)
26/07/2018 10:31 am  

What are peoples thoughts on David Luiz? New manager in place should see him a regular starter for Chelsea? Nice fixtures in the first 4 other than Arsenal, good for passing and tackle bonus (in 16/17 anyway), free kicks from the left hand side, attacking threat from corners. 8.8 puts him in the same category as Laporte however. And 0.2 shy of Robertson.

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
26/07/2018 10:54 am  

I'm of a mind to not even bother with that Man Utd player/captain in the opening game so no need for a transfer, as that is what I looked at previously. It is one game. Early games can be cagey affairs anyway. Will I lose a chance at winning it all by missing a captain for one game?

Doubt it.

I do not want or need a Man Utd player in my team, certainly early on. It messes up my strategy going forward, or at least would call for an early transfer. 

This post was modified 3 months  ago by Back Of The Netski

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
26/07/2018 12:18 pm  
Posted by: Ashley Hunt

What are peoples thoughts on David Luiz? New manager in place should see him a regular starter for Chelsea? Nice fixtures in the first 4 other than Arsenal, good for passing and tackle bonus (in 16/17 anyway), free kicks from the left hand side, attacking threat from corners. 8.8 puts him in the same category as Laporte however. And 0.2 shy of Robertson.

It's tough with Chelsea as nobody really knows how that team is going to shape up. New manager, new system, rumours of new arrivals/departures.........

Hopefully the Community shield will give us a better idea.

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
26/07/2018 12:27 pm  
Posted by: Back Of The Netski

I'm of a mind to not even bother with that Man Utd player/captain in the opening game so no need for a transfer, as that is what I looked at previously. It is one game. Early games can be cagey affairs anyway. Will I lose a chance at winning it all by missing a captain for one game?

Doubt it.

I do not want or need a Man Utd player in my team, certainly early on. It messes up my strategy going forward, or at least would call for an early transfer. 

Certainly not a disaster if you decide to skip it. There are always days over the course of the season where such a decision will prove beneficial so who's to say this isn't one of them.

Just for reference though, I'll have one going into it. Probably DDG (my current choice) or Sanchez (who played extremely well this morning against AC Milan as a lone striker).

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
26/07/2018 4:22 pm  

Will you be keeping a Utd player into the season anyway or will you be using a transfer early, even after the Leicester game?

If form dictates that Sanchez, for example, is going in firing, then the thinking around it may change. That would be the only way I personally would go as Utd don't excite me as anything more than solid, just winning and hanging on to City's tails. No one Utd player jumps off the page, maybe De Gea the exception.

Time will tell. 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
26/07/2018 4:55 pm  

I like Shaw, although heard he's not been playing well. Luiz is one I hadn't considered@ash9988. Think I'd need to see him nailed on first, but could definitely be an option.

If Shaw doesn't look guaranteed spot I'll be going Sanchez. Possibly with a view to shifting him onto Kane. Not particularly interested in Dave Saves only because Allison looks a no-brainer to me

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
26/07/2018 5:04 pm  

If Schmeichel signs for Chelsea that opens up a saving (pardon the pun) as does Danny Ward being the Foxes keeper at just 5.7 mil should Kasper head for London.

Still some movement to be had.

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
26/07/2018 6:55 pm  

Doubt it.

I'm no expert, but as you only have to plan for first 4 weeks, makes sense to me to have a Man United player, particularly as you'd have Captain cover for Game week 1 and 3 (unless you go for Leicester or Tottenham), plus the other games are Brighton and Burnley which are surely winnable?

ReplyQuote
andy_101
(@andy_101)
26/07/2018 10:40 pm  

Been tinkering around for quite a few hours, and managed to come to a final team. Anyone suggest any improvements with this team? This team also covers all gameday captains up until overhaul. I have a spare million left at the end

3-5-2,

De Gea

Robertson, Boly, Bamba

David Silva, Cairney, Jota, Keita, Jorginho,

Sanchez, Aubameyang

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
26/07/2018 10:45 pm  
Posted by: andy_101

Been tinkering around for quite a few hours, and managed to come to a final team. Anyone suggest any improvements with this team? This team also covers all gameday captains up until overhaul. I have a spare million left at the end

3-5-2,

De Gea

Robertson, Boly, Bamba

Sanchez, Aubameyang

Welcome to the site Andy. Like that team a lot. You're a braver man than me going without Salah though .

Watch Silva. Pep saying he might get rested mmor. Otherwise very nice picks

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 7:05 am  

Well, the corresponding fixtures last season saw Utd lose at Brighton and only just handle Burnley 1-0 so not necessarily winnable at all. When they do win the goals tend to get spread around so you are always looking at appearance points with a possible bonus if you're lucky. This is why I steer clear. Nothing expansive there like there tends to be with Liverpool and City, for example.

I will certainly keep an eye on what the manager is doing in preseason and adjust if something positive materialises. 

dowson51 liked
ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 8:15 am  

Well, the corresponding fixtures last season saw Utd lose at Brighton and only just handle Burnley 1-0 so not necessarily winnable at all. When they do win the goals tend to get spread around so you are always looking at appearance points with a possible bonus if you're lucky. This is why I steer clear. Nothing expansive there like there tends to be with Liverpool and City, for example.

I will certainly keep an eye on what the manager is doing in preseason and adjust if something positive materialises. 

Fair point, but looking at last season they beat Leicester 2-0 and Spurs 1-0, so by the same rationale if for instance you had De Gea and captained on these days that would 28+ points, plus the clean sheet at Burnley, so around 40 points by my reckoning.

Mainly wanted to make sure I had a captain option for each matchday, which would probably mean me having to get Vardy in, if I went without Man united cover...

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 9:16 am  
Posted by: dowson51

Fair point, but looking at last season they beat Leicester 2-0 and Spurs 1-0, so by the same rationale if for instance you had De Gea and captained on these days that would 28+ points, plus the clean sheet at Burnley, so around 40 points by my reckoning.

Mainly wanted to make sure I had a captain option for each matchday, which would probably mean me having to get Vardy in, if I went without Man united cover...

This is the conundrum for all fantasy managers. It's why we play the game. Plus results from a previous campaign are not guaranteed next time around. Interesting, ain't it?

I see De Gea as the only nailed on Utd player I would touch right now, possibly Sanchez but then that disrupts my current team plans for the remaining three weeks.

It's a discussion point for sure. 

dowson51 liked
ReplyQuote
andy_101
(@andy_101)
27/07/2018 9:52 am  
Posted by: Will Thomas

3-5-2,

De Gea

Robertson, Boly, Bamba

Sanchez, Aubameyang

Welcome to the site Andy. Like that team a lot. You're a braver man than me going without Salah though .

Thanks Will, looking forward to the coming season and seeing how everyone does.

I did think about Salah, however I did want Keita in my team so decided to go with him instead. I may be forced to change my mind if Salah starts banging in the goals at the same rate as last season however. Same with Kane once he becomes fit after the world cup holidays/recovery is over, but I think it'll only be either of them and not both since they're so expensive.

My Salah/Kane contingency plan was as follows,

4-4-2

De Gea,

Otamendi, Robertson, Sean Morrison, Boly,

Oil, Cairney, Jota, Jorginho,

Sanchez, Salah/Kane

Good point about Silva being rested more. Wasn't sure which city midfielder to go for in the end, since they have so many options, I'm never sure who Pep is going to start. Figured Otamendi was a guarantee if he's fit. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Arsenal/Spurs captaincy for GW4. Not 100% convinced about Ozil, but figured he's the best bet at this point. Thoughts? 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
27/07/2018 10:12 am  

3-5-2,

De Gea

Robertson, Boly, Bamba

Sanchez, Aubameyang

Thanks Will, looking forward to the coming season and seeing how everyone does.

I did think about Salah, however I did want Keita in my team so decided to go with him instead. I may be forced to change my mind if Salah starts banging in the goals at the same rate as last season however. Same with Kane once he becomes fit after the world cup holidays/recovery is over, but I think it'll only be either of them and not both since they're so expensive.

My Salah/Kane contingency plan was as follows,

4-4-2

De Gea,

Otamendi, Robertson, Sean Morrison, Boly,

Oil, Cairney, Jota, Jorginho,

Sanchez, Salah/Kane

Good point about Silva being rested more. Wasn't sure which city midfielder to go for in the end, since they have so many options, I'm never sure who Pep is going to start. Figured Otamendi was a guarantee if he's fit. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the Arsenal/Spurs captaincy for GW4. Not 100% convinced about Ozil, but figured he's the best bet at this point. Thoughts? 

All seems reasonable Andy. So tough to know from Arsenal, my preference would be Auba, but he's obviously pricey. I don't think any of the city centre backs are 100% garanteed - 2 places between 4 players - you'd like Ota would play most though. 

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 10:39 am  

First serious season on sky FF - some feedback would be welcome if possible chaps.

Ryan

Otamendi Emerson Shaw 

Merino Richarlison Seri Jorginho

Aguero Arnie Salah

Gone for bps over goals in midfield to free up funds for premium defender and attackers.

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 11:04 am  

Not seen Merino in many teams, he only started 14 matches last season though...

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 11:06 am  

True Netski, maybe if Maguire moves you could be tempted...

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 11:10 am  

Possibly. I may still see it as worthy the closer we get.

I just think a little thinking outside the box is the way to go with the first 'reset' so early and with the World Cup leaving a few sides possibly depleted and with a couple of big teams playing under new managers and new systems.

The first four weeks of this campaign are more open than I have seen it, even more so than after the last World Cup.

ReplyQuote
SM
 SM
(@sm)
Eminent Member
27/07/2018 11:47 am  

Merino - He's been transferred to Real Sociedad  😋 

This post was modified 3 months  ago by SM

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 12:34 pm  
Posted by: SM

Merino - He's been transferred to Real Sociedad  😋 

Lol, he might still score higher than some of the dodgy cheap defenders I’m looking at!!

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 1:27 pm  

Merino to Coleman has been made.

Puts me at 433

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
27/07/2018 2:28 pm  
Posted by: Accidental Partridge

Merino to Coleman has been made.

Puts me at 433

I'm liking Coleman as an option. He's in my latest draft

ReplyQuote
dorrian1995
(@dorrian1995)
27/07/2018 2:57 pm  

Thoughts on my team 

Ederson 

Laporte Robertson Patterson boly

keita Jorginho Cairney 

salah Tosun Sánchez 

still have money in the back for Kane 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
27/07/2018 11:05 pm  

Do you think Laporte will play? I’d go for Baines in his place, save yourself best part of a million to upgrade elsewhere and can always bring Laporte in at Overhaul if he appears to be nailed.

ReplyQuote
dorrian1995
(@dorrian1995)
27/07/2018 11:43 pm  

I think he will be nailed pre  overhaul he’s the only man city center half who didn’t go to the World Cup and had a full pre season. If he starts its pretty much at least 5 points a game. Seems pep might me going for 3-5-2 formation aswell early on . Has good fixtures after the arsenal game. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
28/07/2018 7:33 am  

I like your logic

transfers Baines for Laporte in own team... 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
28/07/2018 11:32 am  

My current draft still has five at the back. Without giving away your trade secrets, what formation do you have?

You, as in you, looking the screen right now!!

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
28/07/2018 11:41 am  

My current draft still has five at the back. Without giving away your trade secrets, what formation do you have?

That last line made me chuckle. I'm almost certainly going 4 at the back (442 or 433). I'd probably go 532 if it wasn't the only valid formation with 5 at the back

ReplyQuote
SM
 SM
(@sm)
Eminent Member
28/07/2018 11:43 am  

442.  However, it's not a formation I always go with throughout season but likely 'default'.

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
28/07/2018 12:17 pm  

That last line made me chuckle. I'm almost certainly going 4 at the back (442 or 433). I'd probably go 532 if it wasn't the only valid formation with 5 at the back

I must admit, I don't understand there not being the choice to go 4-5-1.

But, the level of talent at left back almost twists my arm into 5-3-2. This early season specifically. 

I find the SKY game does not reward the third striker, used as an enabler. 

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
28/07/2018 12:18 pm  

433. The way things are shaping up, I think 3 up top is a must personally. 4 at the back for the value

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
29/07/2018 11:54 am  

Hi guys, just wondering why no one is talking about adding Johansen to their team...he had more goals and assists than Cairney last season and is cheaper. Am I missing something 😳? 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share: