29/07/2018 1:19 pm  

3-4-3 but my defence is garbage...

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
29/07/2018 1:50 pm  
Posted by: Mish

Hi guys, just wondering why no one is talking about adding Johansen to their team...he had more goals and assists than Cairney last season and is cheaper. Am I missing something ?? 

Welcome to the site @Mish. I think this could be a case of Sky managers being blindsided by bonus potential and forgetting about goals and assist (I included myself in that). Probably won't go for either personally, but Johansen is certainly one to consider 

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
29/07/2018 2:32 pm  

Thanks for the advice, Will.

Great site BTW! 

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 2:55 pm  

I so want to put Aubameyang in with Salah but if Emery keeps playing him out wide taking away the big part of his game where he excels, I may have to drop that idea, certainly for the first four weeks until we see how they are setting up. 12.5 mil is a big pay out if you are unsure.

Arnie at 10.1 mil is a definite look even with West Ham having a tough start. He turns up in the big games.

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 3:10 pm  

I agree to a point Netski. One thing to consider is Utd, love them or loathe them, have a favourable fixture  start. Defensively they were solid last time round so maybe a defender to start. Shaw looks a good bet.Will he start though?

Hey! I used the word start three times. That's not a good start is it.

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 3:39 pm  
Posted by: marilyn60

I agree to a point Netski. One thing to consider is Utd, love them or loathe them, have a favourable fixture  start. Defensively they were solid last time round so maybe a defender to start. Shaw looks a good bet.Will he start though?

Hey! I used the word start three times. That's not a good start is it.

Don't start!! Oh, hang on... ;)

It has nothing to do with Utd hate, or dislike. I'm not a fan but no place in this game for dislike. De Gea appears the only defender nailed on right now. Even Jones isn't 100% nailed on. Jose could do anything. If I am picking anyone from Utd it will be De Gea at 8 mil rather than Sanchez at 12 mil. Jose doesn't even like Shaw so I'm not convinced there either. Jose loves to play Jedi mind tricks.

To the guy confused over having Salah or Keita, I have both in my latest draft with Robertson at the back.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 3:42 pm  

Hi guys, just wondering why no one is talking about adding Johansen to their team...he had more goals and assists than Cairney last season and is cheaper. Am I missing something ?? 

Yes you are missing something, Seri ?

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 3:51 pm  
Posted by: Back Of The Netski

I so want to put Aubameyang in with Salah but if Emery keeps playing him out wide taking away the big part of his game where he excels, I may have to drop that idea, certainly for the first four weeks until we see how they are setting up. 12.5 mil is a big pay out if you are unsure.

Arnie at 10.1 mil is a definite look even with West Ham having a tough start. He turns up in the big games.

Am I the only person with Kane in their team? 

But if it is confirmed he’s rested then Aubameyang is the man for me

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 3:58 pm  

Kane later in the season for me. The evidence against Spurs firing early is enough for me. Unless history gets rewritten, Kane is a luxury when I have Salah already.

I so want Aubameyang in. I do. As with Chelsea, we just don't know yet how it will look. Bellerin is in my thoughts, him or Laporte to join Mendy....

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
29/07/2018 4:14 pm  
Posted by: Back Of The Netski

Kane later in the season for me. The evidence against Spurs firing early is enough for me. Unless history gets rewritten, Kane is a luxury when I have Salah already.

I so want Aubameyang in. I do. As with Chelsea, we just don't know yet how it will look. Bellerin is in my thoughts, him or Laporte to join Mendy....

Kane has some decent captaincy days though. If he looks like starting the first match, I'll struggle to justify not having him. Might to the Sanchez > Kane move early doors 

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 4:31 pm  

Tottenham, like Chelsea and Arsenal, look like sides to watch in the first four weeks. The first reset comes at an ideal time. Kane looked to be carrying an injury to me in the last two World Cup games. I'm not seeing a settled Spurs midfield either. It looks a bit patchwork right now. If Schmeichel joins Chelsea I'll be all over that. Even Alonso doesn't look nailed if he plays four at the back. Bellerin the only nailed Arsenal defender I like early doors. Too many unanswered questions over these teams to settle on them. Spurs need to answer for me before I put the mortgage on them. Lamela might turn out to be value. The manager loves him. 

dowson51 liked
ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 4:56 pm  

Yes Netski, Schmeichel to Chelsea would be good. Not sure about Lamela as a regular starter, he came on as sub in 18 games last season, only actually starting 7. Moura is the one that catches my eye...

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 5:10 pm  

But Lamela was injured, pretty much for two years. Double hip surgery. He is fit now and with Song not on the scene, both Lamela and Moura look interesting compared to the big hitters. Need to see Moura play more although he has looked great in pre-season. Lamela at 8.9 mil. Moura at 9 mil. The rest of pre-season should tell us a lot more about Spurs.

I don't see the value in Kane at that price with Salah as an almost banker.

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 5:44 pm  
Posted by: Ricky Barnard

Yes you are missing something, Seri ?

Good shout. And watch out for Guendouzi at Arsenal. What a player. Class. And priced at 7 mil. A complete steal. 

Mish liked
ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 7:52 pm  

Guendouzi looked impressive, certainly one to watch. Any cheap Man United midfield option with Matic now injured for start of the season?

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 8:01 pm  

Probably Fred will be his replacement. I just do not like the Utd options at the back or in midfield because of injury and World Cup fatigue right now. I got a bad feeling about them going in. Sanchez and De Gea look to be the only ones you would want to take a punt on.

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 8:18 pm  

Thanks Netski, not too keen on Fred, currently have Sanchez but tempted to ditch for Aubameyang...

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
29/07/2018 8:24 pm  
Posted by: dowson51

Thanks Netski, not too keen on Fred, currently have Sanchez but tempted to ditch for Aubameyang...

Like Auba, but Arsenal start with a pair of shockers and I doubt you'd captain him ahead of Salah in GW3?

Pre-Overhaul MNU have 2 stand alone games where you'll probably need a captain - unless you're bringing in a TOT player for MNF at Old Trafford...

ReplyQuote
Back Of The Netski
(@netski)
Trusted Member
29/07/2018 8:37 pm  

Ian and a few others are making a good point. I may have to concede. The more I look at it the more having Sanchez looks to be the way to go here. He just seems to be the best and nailed of the Utd team right now. Auba looks great after week two. With those few teams under new management as already mentioned, it would look to be sensible to go with Sanchez for four weeks and then see how it looks going in to the overhaul. I don't like it but that's the game. 

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
31/07/2018 10:00 pm  

Think I've settled on Sanchez. Worth the punt on captaincy first day I think. If he doesn't fire it is an easy switch to Kane or Aubameyang

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
31/07/2018 10:18 pm  

Shaw has changed his attitude from last season.Working harder,eating and drinking more sensibly. Perhaps Jose will be impressed. De Gea too expensive. Use your doe on better pts per £m players,or newbies like Allison, for a god head START! Start taking the nails out my friend. All the best.

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
01/08/2018 6:35 pm  

Hi Andy,

Pretty good team there. I do feel De Gea is too expensive for me and Alisson might be a better choice,which will free up funds for a better midfielder. I do like Auby as he's so consistent and racked up an average 7 +pts per game last season. Anybody's guess really.Good Luck. Dave.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Forest3
(@mr_forest3)
Trusted Member
02/08/2018 5:29 pm  

What’s people’s plans with their second / third teams as there doesn’t seem to be a second chance / half league this year?

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mr_Forest3

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
02/08/2018 6:34 pm  

No plans for me my friend. 2 teams let alone 3 dilute your focus on the main one.

ReplyQuote
smclean
(@sm)
Eminent Member
03/08/2018 12:38 am  
Posted by: Mr_Forest3

What’s people’s plans with their second / third teams as there doesn’t seem to be a second chance / half league this year?

For my second team I'm restricting myself in only choosing players less than £8m value.  I'd rather just play around with it like this, instead of choosing a small variation of first team.  Getting a striker that will regularly play is quite difficult however.  At the moment I've gone for Sorloth.

ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
04/08/2018 5:56 am  

I think I’ll use the second team as pretty much the same as the first but when it’s a 50/50 captaincy call I’ll cover both. 

ReplyQuote
Dan Cox
(@animal)
Member Moderator
04/08/2018 5:57 am  

I like arnie at 10.1m a lot

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
04/08/2018 12:38 pm  

Is a front 3 of Sanchez, Aguero and Salah too detrimental to the structure of the rest of your team, or necessary with the armband choices before the overhaul?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
04/08/2018 1:22 pm  

Think I'm going that way @hornet

No doubt it is detrimental, but think there is good value in other positions 

I built a website to justify my addiction.

Hornet liked
ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
04/08/2018 5:13 pm  

Cheers, Will.

Still trying to find the right combinations in midfield. 

Good luck this year!!

Richard

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
04/08/2018 5:43 pm  

I wouldn't chance Sanchez yet until he shows.Other 2 look good.You'll tie up too much money with a front 3 to start I feel.I agree with Will.Midfield gives you good value. Best of luck. Dave.

ReplyQuote
Buddas_All_Stars
(@buddas_all_stars)
Eminent Member
16/09/2018 2:29 pm  

Greetings one and all. though I would sign up and have a look around, I warn you now I am a total noob having only dabbled a few years back, would not know the offside rule even if it hit me across the face, and no am not female lol.

not having a clue most of my players are picked by name, fantasy point so far or price or on the news posted by Dan Cox, I have two teams, one is made up of players that Dan Cox as recommend and the others I believe I just when off the names and price as I ran out of money. I will link my two team below, just be gentle lol

[attach]149[/attach]

[attach]148[/attach]

[attach]147[/attach]

[attach]146[/attach]

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
16/09/2018 3:50 pm  

Hi Buddas, just remember in the Sky game you can have a different captain for each day and all your 2nd team played on the Saturday, a Boly or similar as captain would have got a good return, similar to Otto in your 1st team...

ReplyQuote
Buddas_All_Stars
(@buddas_all_stars)
Eminent Member
16/09/2018 7:10 pm  

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by  a Boly or similar as captain (unless he is one of my players and I am blind, lol)

Also what are people though on Frabhinio(spelling) I've had him in my team since the beginning, but he is yet to play one game. I'm on the fence as if to keep him or get rid. Mates who play as well are of the option, keep him, save a transfer, cause once he starts he will be in almost everygame

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Trusted Member
16/09/2018 8:15 pm  
Posted by: Buddas_All_Stars

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by  a Boly or similar as captain (unless he is one of my players and I am blind, lol)

Also what are people though on Frabhinio(spelling) I've had him in my team since the beginning, but he is yet to play one game. I'm on the fence as if to keep him or get rid. Mates who play as well are of the option, keep him, save a transfer, cause once he starts he will be in almost everygame

He means if you had a cheap defender (or anyone for that matter) playing on Sunday you could have earned captain points from him

ReplyQuote
Buddas_All_Stars
(@buddas_all_stars)
Eminent Member
16/09/2018 11:13 pm  

ah right, something I need to do, pick my captain out for next weeks games

ReplyQuote
dowson51
(@dowson51)
Trusted Member
16/09/2018 11:43 pm  

Yes Buddas, and try to have captain options for the majority of games, e.g. week 8 sees majority of games played on Saturday, but then Burnley vs Cardiff and Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace. Whilst you might not want to cover all teams, an inform Fraser or Zaha on double points could well be worth a transfer...

ReplyQuote
Buddas_All_Stars
(@buddas_all_stars)
Eminent Member
17/09/2018 2:55 am  

@downson51 thanks for the advice, now let Me see if I understand what your getting at, in reference to week 8, 90% of the matches for that week will be played on the Saturday which with my current two teams I got pretty much cover captaincy wise.

how ever on the Sunday Burnley vs Cardiff and Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace. play and if  Fraser or Zaha are still as inform as they are now, it maybe worth a transfer to get one of the two in making who ever i pick captain for that match.

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
17/09/2018 9:07 am  

Hi Buddas,

Have you read the beginner's guide yet? This is the first year I've done Sky FF and the guide taught me everything I need to know about strategies. It can be found at-

https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/sky-sports-fantasy-football-2018-2019-guide/

Ideally, you would have joined this FFHub before the first game of the season or during the overhaul period. Just in case you didn't know, before the first game of the season and during the overhaul week, you could use an unlimited amount of transfers that didn't come out of your 40 allowance.

Fortunately, your teams don't look too bad and just need a few tweaks in my opinion. The first thing I would do is transfer out Fabinho. There's a ton of players at his price that look like good points earners. You can stick with midfield and get Jorginho or put Laporte in defence.

Are you picking Armartey because you think he's likely to get many points? Or is it because he's cheap? If you think he'll score well, trust your instincts and keep him. If it's because he's cheap, consider transferring for his team mate, Mendy, who has started twice as many games and is over  £2m less.

I think team 1 is a little week up front. Not having a Salah, Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, etc will hurt some weeks. But with Hazard and Mane, at least you do have some fire power. Without a lot of transfers, it's going to be difficult to get the premium strikers in to your team. Such a shame you didn't ask for help during overhaul week.

marilyn60 liked
ReplyQuote
Buddas_All_Stars
(@buddas_all_stars)
Eminent Member
17/09/2018 1:09 pm  

hi @gilders I did try to read the beginner's guide but was unable to do so as I am not a full paying member.

let me try to answer some of your enquirers starting of with team two in the pictures ( Jedi Knights) who currently have left Transfers left: Game Week (5/5) /Season (37/40)  Are you picking Armartey because you think he's likely to get many points? Or is it because he's cheap? with this one tbh it was because he is cheap, he may turn out to be a great bye, what I need to consider is, with only 37 transfer left for the season is it worth removing Armartey for Mendy yes on the plus side he is cheaper and as currently more fantasy points, and I may need to use a transfer to swap out Firmino as he is currently Doubtful. I have the same dilemma with Fabinho not played since the season started yet once he starts to play its possible he will play every game. so I'm of course arrrg keep, get rid because as you pointed out There's a ton of players at his price that look like good points earners, and the number of points I could of had just up to now.

ok now onto team two ( team one in the pictures)  Buddas All Stars Transfers left: Game Week (5/5) /Season (35/40)

in all honesty this is my more stronger team scooping a massive 92 points over the weekend 58 just from Hazard and is made up of all players that @dan cox as pointed out in his posts to sky sports fantasy football, His Overhaul picks and those that was not cover in that I looked at Fantasy team of the week. and where I had to make a choice I would go for the one who had more points first and then cheapest. in all honest though this is the first time I have taken this as serious as I am now, the other time I just put a team together and forgot about them.[attach]147,146[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: