Sky Overhaul RMTs  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
04/09/2018 12:30 pm  

Right, think this could be a popular one topic for us Sky players. 

Here is my early draft. Will be jumping on and giving feedback to others when I can

Screen Shot 2018 09 04 at 12.29.13

Mayo51 and Dan Cox liked
ReplyQuote
Paddy
(@paddy)
Eminent Member
04/09/2018 12:37 pm  
Posted by: Ste H

Here is my early draft. Will be jumping on and giving feedback to others when I can

Like that a lot @Ste 

If you had to choose out of Mendy and Laporte, which way would you go?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
04/09/2018 12:39 pm  

Nice squad Ste. Are you ignoring Southampton & Brighton cap?

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
04/09/2018 1:19 pm  

Image 1

Investment at the back to this extent is new territory for me!

Paul Jones liked
ReplyQuote
Alex Hemmings
(@mingo)
04/09/2018 1:29 pm  
Posted by: Hornet

Image 1

Very nice looking team, the points do seem to be generated at the back so far this season. Chelsea are already much better than last season and have a good run of games.

Paul Jones liked
ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
04/09/2018 2:36 pm  
Posted by: Paddy

Like that a lot @Ste 

I'd be tempted to go with Laporte for the 0.8 saving. Will almost always get passing bonus when he plays, whereas Mendy could be reliant on assists. Question of whether there'll be rotation with Kompany, Ota and Stones waiting in the wings, but has been unaffected thus far.

Ste H and Hornet liked
ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
04/09/2018 2:44 pm  

cheers, Paul. Yes, that fear of rotation is always there with City. Mendy probably just as vulnerable

Paul Jones liked
ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
04/09/2018 6:56 pm  
Posted by: Paul Jones
Posted by: Paddy

Like that a lot @Ste 

I'd be tempted to go with Laporte for the 0.8 saving. Will almost always get passing bonus when he plays, whereas Mendy could be reliant on assists. Question of whether there'll be rotation with Kompany, Ota and Stones waiting in the wings, but has been unaffected thus far.

Thanks Paul. Mendy does look frightening down that side. Frustrating he's not picked up much bonus yet, so Laporte could be an option.. or maybe both?

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
04/09/2018 6:57 pm  

Image 1

Love it!

ReplyQuote
TriXaM
(@trixam)
05/09/2018 5:39 pm  

So after poring over the fixtures up to the end of November and piecing together the various captaincy days etc etc (with great assistance from Carl and Ian's spreadsheets!), this is what I've come up with so far:

sky overhaul

I already have 6 potential transfers lined up over the next few months, two of which are spent in GW7 (23rd Sep) when Bertrand and Lukaku become Richarlison and Lacazette.

Some general musings over some of these decisions:

Hart is something of a starting risk, but the fixtures are great (also with no Europe to worry about) and gives me a Captain for CAR v BUR - if I have to use a transfer on him, so be it!

I'll get two games from Lukaku and Bertrand before shipping them, including a Bertrand captaincy vs Brighton on 17th Sep. I want to cover Arsenal's fixture run and Lacazette is my favourite pick at the moment, surely he has to feature regularly with the impact he's making!  Salah will come into the side for Lacazette on 27th Oct when Liverpool's fixtures turn.  I don't gain any extra games, but I can't go without Salah at that point (LIV v CAR!).  Fraser leaves the team at the same time, to raise funds for Salah and to pick up someone else's fixture run (thinking HUD at the moment, Billing or Mooy).

The only captaincy day I'm ignoring is BRI v WHM on 5th Oct.  I don't like WHM's fixture run at all and although BRI's fixtures improve from the 5th onwards, I can't justify bringing one of them in for anyone else in my team at that time.  So I'll leave it to fate and see if any injuries or anything mean I can bring one in!

Please be as brutal as you like! First season in Sky and it's showing from my shocking rank of 44K  🤣 

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
05/09/2018 6:38 pm  
Posted by: TriXaM

So after poring over the fixtures up to the end of November and piecing together the various captaincy days etc etc (with great assistance from Carl and Ian's spreadsheets!), this is what I've come up with so far:

sky overhaul

I already have 6 potential transfers lined up over the next few months, two of which are spent in GW7 (23rd Sep) when Bertrand and Lukaku become Richarlison and Lacazette.

Some general musings over some of these decisions:

Hart is something of a starting risk, but the fixtures are great (also with no Europe to worry about) and gives me a Captain for CAR v BUR - if I have to use a transfer on him, so be it!

I'll get two games from Lukaku and Bertrand before shipping them, including a Bertrand captaincy vs Brighton on 17th Sep. I want to cover Arsenal's fixture run and Lacazette is my favourite pick at the moment, surely he has to feature regularly with the impact he's making!  Salah will come into the side for Lacazette on 27th Oct when Liverpool's fixtures turn.  I don't gain any extra games, but I can't go without Salah at that point (LIV v CAR!).  Fraser leaves the team at the same time, to raise funds for Salah and to pick up someone else's fixture run (thinking HUD at the moment, Billing or Mooy).

The only captaincy day I'm ignoring is BRI v WHM on 5th Oct.  I don't like WHM's fixture run at all and although BRI's fixtures improve from the 5th onwards, I can't justify bringing one of them in for anyone else in my team at that time.  So I'll leave it to fate and see if any injuries or anything mean I can bring one in!

Please be as brutal as you like! First season in Sky and it's showing from my shocking rank of 44K  🤣 

Don't disagree with any of those plans individually, BUT I think there are too many altogether. 

There are bound to be unforeseen circumstances that will lead to more transfers and suddenly you have blown 10 transfers within a month. 

Set your team up for the long haul (in general) with a few short-term captaincy options

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
05/09/2018 6:46 pm  

63A10CE0 13DC 474D 9C28 BA8D31D33741

Another draft with a real cheapo in midfield.... Not worried about captaining all the low key single game stuff

This post was modified 3 weeks  ago by Hornet

ReplyQuote
Dale
 Dale
(@dale)
05/09/2018 7:00 pm  

I’ve done a similar draft too, Mendy opens up a whole new word  🙂 

Hornet liked
ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
06/09/2018 12:11 am  

Latest draft. Covers early single-game captaincy bases, I think. Would like to have Maddison and Mendy but set on Alonso/Hazard. Leaves 0.4m in bank, so a bit of flexibility up top. 

sky draft overhaul

Paul Jones liked
ReplyQuote
TriXaM
(@trixam)
06/09/2018 9:37 am  

Don't disagree with any of those plans individually, BUT I think there are too many altogether. 

There are bound to be unforeseen circumstances that will lead to more transfers and suddenly you have blown 10 transfers within a month. 

Set your team up for the long haul (in general) with a few short-term captaincy options

Yeah completely fair comment actually - I guess there is such a thing as over-planning! 😆 I think I'll stick with my initial plans for the Bertrand and Lukaku switches, but leave myself open for a bit more flexibility going forward.  I may think a little more around the pricing structure and make sure there's viable alternatives in each position in case of injuries etc.  Thanks Ste 👍 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/09/2018 1:44 pm  
Posted by: olipoole

Latest draft. Covers early single-game captaincy bases, I think. Would like to have Maddison and Mendy but set on Alonso/Hazard. Leaves 0.4m in bank, so a bit of flexibility up top. 

sky draft overhaul

Looking strong Oli

ReplyQuote
fraser1927
(@fraser1927)
06/09/2018 2:01 pm  

17AC4749 51D5 4952 A61A 652A2C2997F8

Keep changing my mind between having Mendy (Leicester) and Jorginho or Wan-Bissaka and Maddison. Apart from that pretty settled on the team. Have the money to change between premium strikers and Luiz to Robertson if needed.

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago by fraser1927

ReplyQuote
Daznvern
(@daznvern)
Eminent Member
06/09/2018 7:21 pm  
Posted by: fraser1927

17AC4749 51D5 4952 A61A 652A2C2997F8

Keep changing my mind between having Mendy (Leicester) and Jorginho or Wan-Bissaka and Maddison. Apart from that pretty settled on the team. Have the money to change between premium strikers and Luiz to Robertson if needed.

This side is not good for captain picks. 

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
06/09/2018 8:01 pm  

I think that depends on how much weight you are putting on quite a few single match day teams where no real obvious point scorer stands out. In which case, having Alonso etc makes sense to me as they will outscore those captains you stick in your side for Soton, Bournemouth, Cardiff etc.....Rotate those front 2  and use Hazard for some armband options will get you through a good block of fixtures to start with. Like it.

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/09/2018 10:38 am  

63A10CE0 13DC 474D 9C28 BA8D31D33741

Another draft with a real cheapo in midfield.... Not worried about captaining all the low key single game stuff

Like this @Hornet. Seeing a few with 5 at the back, are we not worried about flexibility issues? 

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
07/09/2018 11:06 am  

Definitely, Will!  Team has reformed somewhat into a 4-3-3. Looking at the fixtures, I need the flexibility of getting the 3 big hitters in together and rotating them with some single match day ones....not easy to do with that line-up. Might run that power defence in the 2nd team!

76B9DAD4 27B8 4A86 99FC 6B81C377243B

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago 2 times by Hornet

ReplyQuote
Paulcaffrey5
(@paulcaffrey5)
Eminent Member
07/09/2018 11:51 am  

B03D796E 5AFF 49C9 8487 0AFA13858B75

heres my redrafted team for the overhaul think I need some sort of Liverpool player in there, salah will be swapping places with kane as and when I find suitable, after the big games and generally when the main strikers are at home, planned transfers upto 1st December 5 plus unforeseen circumstances is red cards injuries gives me plenty to use over the busy Xmas period 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/09/2018 3:13 pm  
Posted by: Paulcaffrey5

B03D796E 5AFF 49C9 8487 0AFA13858B75

heres my redrafted team for the overhaul think I need some sort of Liverpool player in there, salah will be swapping places with kane as and when I find suitable, after the big games and generally when the main strikers are at home, planned transfers upto 1st December 5 plus unforeseen circumstances is red cards injuries gives me plenty to use over the busy Xmas period 

I like this Paul, nice picks. I don't know much about Billing to be honest, is he nailed on?

ReplyQuote
Dowwyy
(@dowwyy)
07/09/2018 6:10 pm  

0207BABC C894 4A13 857E EF6E2186998D

Current base. Looking for changes (specifically around Boly/Mendy/Hennessey). Got 0.8m in the bank but keeping a couple mil for changes up top (i.e aguero/salah/kane/lukaku). Any help would be appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
07/09/2018 6:35 pm  
Posted by: Dowwyy

0207BABC C894 4A13 857E EF6E2186998D

Current base. Looking for changes (specifically around Boly/Mendy/Hennessey). Got 0.8m in the bank but keeping a couple mil for changes up top (i.e aguero/salah/kane/lukaku). Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi mate. Not much to suggest around the defence as I quite like it. Am wondering how you’re approaching the single gameday captaincies though? i.e. Saints v Brighton gw6, Cardiff v Burnley gw8, Brighton v W Ham gw9

ReplyQuote
marilyn60
(@marilyn60)
Trusted Member
07/09/2018 8:34 pm  

Very interesting team you have there. Similar thinking to me really,although I hadn't considered pairing Jorghino with Hazard. Leave Aguero out at your peril.

ReplyQuote
fraser1927
(@fraser1927)
07/09/2018 9:09 pm  

602BE8E9 ECA5 4B08 BB76 8EBDF5DAA353

Don’t think this is a bad way of getting in the big hitters, missing Alonso though

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
07/09/2018 10:46 pm  

Like it a lot! I think Luiz is a reasonable cover for Alonso and if you're going to have one of the two Chelsea big hitters, I'd rather have Hazard for his MOTM potential. The frustration with Hazard in previous years, I found, was that he blew pretty hot and cold but there seems a chance he'll pick up a few passing bonuses this season. That might lessen those frustrating two-pointers!

Are you consciously avoiding those early single-game-day captains or do you have a plan to cover some of them? That's about the only possible weakness. 

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Eminent Member
08/09/2018 12:43 am  

Screenshot 20180907 234955 Sky Sports FF

2nd draft with a few captain options, was tempted to go Mane for Salah and free some funds up. Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
fraser1927
(@fraser1927)
08/09/2018 2:02 am  

Ignoring them to be honest mate, don’t see them being worth it as no obvious pick really for gaining enough points, which I think the others would pick up without captaincy anyway 

Hornet and Mooresyside liked
ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Eminent Member
08/09/2018 5:59 am  

Good point mate cheers for the reply. 

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
08/09/2018 9:34 am  
Posted by: Mooresyside

Screenshot 20180907 234955 Sky Sports FF

2nd draft with a few captain options, was tempted to go Mane for Salah and free some funds up. Any thoughts?

Very similar to my draft.

Same GK and Def as mine, except for Alonso. I would like Alonso, but settled for Luiz to free up funds for more flexibility.

With no Alonso, I can have Jorginho (instead of Fraser). The only other difference is that I'll be starting with Kane instead of Salah. When Liverpool's fixtures become more favourable than Spurs (around WK14), I'll be swapping Kane for Salah.

I'll probably swap Ings for Seri after WK6, which gives me an extra £0.5M and I'll "upgrade" Hart to Alisson at WK11.

I'll keep my options open on Luiz week to week. He's at a price and part of a formation that will allow me to swap for the likes of Trippier, Richarlison, Laporte and many other potential good point earners.

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Eminent Member
08/09/2018 12:23 pm  

Excellent mate cheers for the feedback, some v.good points there. Might downgrade to Luiz as you say I would be able to transfer him to Richarlison,  I had jorginho from the start and didn't really want to not have him but I went for Fraser just for the capt on gw 8 but suppose I have Wan-bissaka, I'm a Liverpool supporter and maby I'm being a bit biased but I couldn't have no Liverpool cover even tho they have a difficult run in I still see us scoring. Thanks again

ReplyQuote
Mish
 Mish
(@mish)
Eminent Member
08/09/2018 2:39 pm  

2682002E 36A1 4F0E 9FA0 2A3C42F5FD23

Hi guys, wondered what you thought of my latest draft.

It goes against my original plans, but I’m going to ignore the single match day captaincy options. Plan on replacing Milner with Richarlison when he’s back in, and will swap the front two as and when fixtures allow. I’ve had Moura in from the start and he’s served me well, so I’m loath to drop him! 

Opinions welcome! 

ReplyQuote
Paulcaffrey5
(@paulcaffrey5)
Eminent Member
08/09/2018 11:58 pm  

I Was at the game Everton va Huddersfield and he stood out will good in the air got a goal and got mom also his Throw ins were like corners good one to keep a eye on to be honest and cheap too, caused us problems could be a hidden gem 

ReplyQuote
Paulcaffrey5
(@paulcaffrey5)
Eminent Member
09/09/2018 9:22 am  

IMG 1678

had a rethink couldn't leave Robertson out and as for billing not sure if he's nailed on, went for aguero and Kane due to better fixtures salah comes in for Kane when the fixtures change for both got one eye on lukaku also. Killing me the Jorginho dilemma but seen on here he's more side ways and to hazard when hazards been playing so do I sacrifice a defender for a nailed on passing bonus midfielder every game 😩 34 transfers left and on 316 points so hopefully do ok thanks everyone 

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
09/09/2018 11:20 am  

IMG 1678

had a rethink couldn't leave Robertson out and as for billing not sure if he's nailed on, went for aguero and Kane due to better fixtures salah comes in for Kane when the fixtures change for both got one eye on lukaku also. Killing me the Jorginho dilemma but seen on here he's more side ways and to hazard when hazards been playing so do I sacrifice a defender for a nailed on passing bonus midfielder every game 😩 34 transfers left and on 316 points so hopefully do ok thanks everyone 

Traore is £7.8M and hasn't started a game, coming on 3 times as a sub. There's a few players in this price range that are nailed on to start (Maddison@Leicester, Pereyra@Watford). BUT with only 0.8% of players picking him, you might have chosen well there. I can't see him being used as an impact sub for much longer and would expect him to start. I'll be playing it safe and waiting until he actually starts his first game before considering using him, but you maybe ahead of the game with him!

Mendy (Leicester Mid) seems popular. He's not going to get many points, but at his cheap price, you're unlikely to do better with anyone else (at least he seems to be starting most games). I may have another look at my draft to see if bringing him in will help elsewhere in my team

I hear your point about Jorginho, but I've left him in my team for now as Chelsea have some favourable fixtures after the overhaul.

ReplyQuote
Paulcaffrey5
(@paulcaffrey5)
Eminent Member
09/09/2018 12:21 pm  
Posted by: gilders

IMG 1678

Traore is £7.8M and hasn't started a game, coming on 3 times as a sub. There's a few players in this price range that are nailed on to start (Maddison@Leicester, Pereyra@Watford). BUT with only 0.8% of players picking him, you might have chosen well there. I can't see him being used as an impact sub for much longer and would expect him to start. I'll be playing it safe and waiting until he actually starts his first game before considering using him, but you maybe ahead of the game with him!

Mendy (Leicester Mid) seems popular. He's not going to get many points, but at his cheap price, you're unlikely to do better with anyone else (at least he seems to be starting most games). I may have another look at my draft to see if bringing him in will help elsewhere in my team

I hear your point about Jorginho, but I've left him in my team for now as Chelsea have some favourable fixtures after the overhaul.

Totally agree he came off the bench and scored the winner (traore) his last game and think with Burnley next up at home he could be about to get his chance Watford play utd who could possibly turn Watford over pereyra being the option for a goal or assists if it goes Watford’s way, I’ve had Maddison first 4 gwk’s so could swap him and traore about, I think I’m going to change Robertson for Jorginho due to Liverpool’s fixtures can see Tottenham scoring although potential clean sheet against bonus vs Southampton I think Jorginho will generate more points over the next 3-5 game weeks, fingers crossed traore gives me that jump as a good attacking player and gets me some points, thanks for the reply mate 

ReplyQuote
jplewes
(@jplewes)
Eminent Member
09/09/2018 9:53 pm  

Two drafts. One is aggressive with the front three, one with the extra premium defender. The 5 at the back is also with future captains slightly more in mind. What do you think?

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
10/09/2018 11:23 am  

Morning all,

Looking for a bit of advice if you please. I have £6.5m left to spend on my final slot in my team and have narrowed it down to this:

Kongolo (6.5 - 6 pts overall - CPAL, lei, TOT, bur, LIV - 1 yellow card - 1 MOTM - 1 CS)

Cathcart (6.4 - 20 pts overall - MUN, ful, ars, BOU, wol - 0 YC - 1 goal - 1 CS)

Jonny Otto (6.2 - 16 pts overall - BUR, mun, SOT, cpal, WAT - 0 YC - 2 x tackle bonus - 1 CS)

Picking the latter would mean I'd be doubled up on Wolves defence!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share: