Sky Sports Fantasy Football Diary - GW1  

RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 1:19 pm  

Welcome back to my Sky Sports Fantasy Football Diary. If you're new to the site, this series will keep track of my team over the season in the hope that it will help you with picks and strategies. Long-time readers (aka sufferers), will know that this was once upon a time the only content I…

This topic was modified 1 year ago 4 times by Will Thomas

I built a website to justify my addiction.

Pinky and Debruyne
(@pinky)
Estimable Member
07/08/2018 1:40 pm  

Cheers Will. Very useful stuff. Like your draft team a lot

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
07/08/2018 1:50 pm  

Thanks Will. Great insight as always. Glad to see the diary back - think the original blog 'way-back-when' is one of the reasons I finally got to grips with this game!

Plenty of familiar names there so happy with that, although the Utd game is real source of frustration!

Anyone have thoughts on D. Silva? I know Pep has made comments about his minutes, but he largely went under the radar last season and ended up finishing joint 3rd for mids along with Sterling. Was that his swansong with B.Silva taking over???

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 1:54 pm  

Thanks Pinky!

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 1:55 pm  

Its tough. He would be a great option if he was nailed on. Its a risk to start with him though as he didn't feature on Sunday at all

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 1:57 pm  

Btw, anyone reading this who plays FPL as well, should go check out Paul's new blog

https://skyplayerinfpl.game.blog/

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
07/08/2018 2:00 pm  

Wow, thanks Will. There was no need for the plug but really appreciate it and could actually use the community's help on setting the transfer parameters tbh. Any suggestions would be welcome.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Paul Jones

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
07/08/2018 2:03 pm  

Yeah, had him locked in since day 1 but that no show at the weekend has really hurt - 0.1 away from Mahrez without a full re-jig - and having that City option looks essential early on!

ReplyQuote
Mark Edworthy
(@buffrey)
07/08/2018 2:43 pm  

Love this Will. Your draft team is almost identical to mine which gives me good feelings.

And only the players you yourself are debating are the difference.

Solid side and solid advice choices.

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
07/08/2018 2:47 pm  

Thanks for sharing Will.

I also had the idea of transferring Sanchez out for Kane (or possibly a Spurs Midfielder), once the Spurs line up is announced. My current team has all captaincies covered, but last day of GW4 would have left Paterson my only option, so a Kane/Spurs Mid would be a big help.

Using a transfer less than 24hrs in to the season seems bad, but if it means no more transfer are needed until Overhaul week, then I think it's a wise move. 

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 4:15 pm  

You're welcome Paul. Great read

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 4:16 pm  

Thanks mate. Good to hear we have similar thinking. Must resist the temptation to keep changing it!

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 4:17 pm  

Thanks Gilders. It's a tough call, but could be worth it if its the only one you make pre-overhaul. Good luck

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
07/08/2018 6:20 pm  

Good stuff as usual Will. If Poch says Kane will definitely play, would that swing things?

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 6:58 pm  

Cheers Ian. Yes, think I'd need to have Kane in that case for captaincy. Might skip Sanchez move if I knew he'd definitely start

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
07/08/2018 6:58 pm  

How's your team shaping up Ian?

ReplyQuote
Ian Parrin
(@ianp1970)
Member Moderator
07/08/2018 9:16 pm  
Posted by: Will Thomas

How's your team shaping up Ian?

[attach]65[/attach]

Same top 3 - really don't want to commit to an early transfer - seems to go against my entire MO! Would change if Poch says Kane definitely won't play, but he could easily come on at 60, score the winner and get MOTM! Same cheap DEFs and Seri is one I noted on the Fulham boards when he signed.

My alternatives are:

De Gea for FNF captaincy.

PVA and Daniels for early fixtures and maybe attacking returns.

Zaha and Bilva have good pre-season form.

Tackle & Passing kings could be known after 4 matches, so we'll be better informed for the Overhaul.

ReplyQuote
Guyinho
(@guyinho)
07/08/2018 11:33 pm  

Thanks Will, another really helpful article. I did have Keita, but I am going to wait until the overhaul until I decide. I'm really stuck on choosing between Jorginho & Fabinho. Thinking Jorginho will get those bonus pts but Fabinho could too(plus for tackles?) Missed a pen tonight though & would imagine Salah/Mané will take them. Really can't decide between the two.

ReplyQuote
olipoole
(@olipoole)
Trusted Member
08/08/2018 4:14 pm  

Hi guys,

Finally, a forum with a a RMT for Sky. Thanks for setting this up :)

Would greatly appreciate views on this. Seri could become Ralls, King could become/be swapped for Bernardo Silva and money in the bank to easily get Kane in for Eriksen/King if needed. I really want Mendy, as think a United, City and Liverpool defensive trio will be great in the early stages but it's tricky to achieve.

Thanks guys!

[attach]68[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Share: