Sky Sports Fantasy Football Overhaul - 2018  

RSS

Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
03/09/2018 7:43 pm  

The first overhaul of the season. A crucial time for any Sky fantasy manager. 

Use this thread to discuss all things overhaul.

One big question to kick things off... Will you be going with Salah?

I built a website to justify my addiction.

Paddy
(@paddy)
Trusted Member
03/09/2018 7:46 pm  

It's very hard to fit all the big guns in. I'm currently without Salah, but may chicken out. 

What formation are others going?

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
03/09/2018 7:48 pm  
Posted by: Will Thomas

The first overhaul of the season. A crucial time for any Sky fantasy manager. 

Use this thread to discuss all things overhaul.

One big question to kick things off... Will you be going with Salah?

I can understand the no Salah talk, especially given fixture congestion, but there is no way I'd go without. Best player in the game for me

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
03/09/2018 7:49 pm  
Posted by: Paddy

It's very hard to fit all the big guns in. I'm currently without Salah, but may chicken out. 

What formation are others going?

Will be going 4 at the back probably. Tempted by 5, but its a bit inflexible. You?

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
03/09/2018 7:55 pm  

I’m tempted to go Salah-less - I just think he’s got real potential for shots bonus (although only 1 return at T1 so far)

Currently on 433 with a tough decision to make between double Chelsea at the back (with Luiz) or Jorginho. 

Luiz has a higher ceiling IMO with clean sheets alongside passing bonus. Jorginho assist potential lessens with Hazard and he loves a side to side pass! 

Decisions 

ReplyQuote
jplewes
(@jplewes)
Eminent Member
03/09/2018 8:29 pm  

Choosing between 5-3-2 and 4-3-3. If it's 4-3-3 it's the massive hitters up front, value in midfield and 1/2 premium defenders. If it's 5-3-2, probably three premium defenders, Hazard and looking at Kane and Aguero as the forwards.

It's my first time playing sky seriously and devising a bit of a front 2 or 3 rotation (I don't know how sensible planning this is, at least far in advance) to catch the good fixtures and double captaincies while having solid value picks across midfield and the back (at least that's the plan). So I may or may not be Salahless at the start but don't intend to be for long. Depending on what Auba looks like, in the three striker rotation I might play Salah for Spurs and Southampton then switch to Auba for Everton, Watford, Fulham. 

I can see the temptation to go Mane not Salah, but as Hazard is my 11m+ midfielder I don't think it's on.

Ste H and Hornet liked
ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
04/09/2018 11:39 am  

Got to admit, I'm really struggling with this overhaul. Some of the single gameday fixtures are dire:

Monday  GW6 - SOU v BHA (GW7 SOU go to LIV, & BHA play TOT)

Sunday GW8 - CAR v BUR (urgh!)

Monday GW8 - BOU v C PAL (Zaha if he's fit, but Palace's fixtures begin to turn)

Friday GW9 - BHA v W HAM (again, urgh!)

Couldn't be less inetersted in some of those games, let alone trying to shoehorn a captaincy option in.   

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
04/09/2018 12:33 pm  
Posted by: Paul Jones

Got to admit, I'm really struggling with this overhaul. Some of the single gameday fixtures are dire:

Monday GW8 - BOU v C PAL (Zaha if he's fit, but Palace's fixtures begin to turn)

Couldn't be less inetersted in some of those games, let alone trying to shoehorn a captaincy option in.   

Same here Paul. You thinking of ignoring some captaincy days?

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
04/09/2018 12:35 pm  

What do we think of Mendy from Leicester at 5.4 as an enabler?

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
04/09/2018 12:43 pm  
Posted by: Ste H

Don't like skipping them but might have to miss one or two. Either that, or I just throw Ryan in from the off. Will likely have a Palace player anyway so that leaves CAR v BUR.

Brighton's games v Spurs and Man City in between the captaincy days are really putting me off this though.

ReplyQuote
Paul Jones
(@paulmj81)
Member Moderator
04/09/2018 12:46 pm  

What do we think of Mendy from Leicester at 5.4 as an enabler?

Been toying around with that myself. Is he nailed on?

Also considering Bennett (Wolves) at 5.7.

ReplyQuote
Phil
 Phil
(@phill)
04/09/2018 12:54 pm  

Don't like skipping them but might have to miss one or two. Either that, or I just throw Ryan in from the off. Will likely have a Palace player anyway so that leaves CAR v BUR.

Brighton's games v Spurs and Man City in between the captaincy days are really putting me off this though.

Really struggling with this also. Anyone tempted by Gross for short term?

ReplyQuote
Alex Hemmings
(@mingo)
04/09/2018 1:26 pm  

I've had the same thoughts, Ryan in goal with AWB leaves only CAR - BUR as the only day I can't cover. BUR have two captaincy days but I can't see the value in them this season. They may pick up after the IB but the Europa League has torpedoed their season before it's begun. My GK pick for the season is still Alisson, however Liverpool have got lots of tough games coming up.

This post was modified 12 months ago by Alex Hemmings

ReplyQuote
Share: