Sky Sports Fantasy Football Roundup – GW 5  

RSS

Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
19/09/2018 8:23 am  

Following site feedback from our users, this series will now be made members only. Dan's 5 tips will now be free.    This week had the lowest points for the set of matches with 880 points scored. Following Man City’s 3-0 win over Fulham meant Man City scored the most points with 92 while Fulham…

This topic was modified 4 weeks  ago by Will Thomas

ReplyQuote
Hornet
(@hornet)
Eminent Member
19/09/2018 10:07 am  

Always look forward to your summary, Carl. Keeps you level-headed and stops me jumping on Fraser bandwagons too quickly!

ReplyQuote
skyFFbrainesses
(@skyffbrainesses)
19/09/2018 4:08 pm  

Never understood the bonus points table is the units the pier or the total points that player scored?

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
19/09/2018 4:50 pm  

Glad you find it helpful and makes you think before jumping too quickly. I always try and make transfers when the player transferred out has already played and the knew player is seen on the team sheet.

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
19/09/2018 5:00 pm  

For the passing through to saves this is how many awards somebody has achieved in each category (either tier 1 or tier 2). So Jorginho has 5 passing awards four are tier 2 and one is tier 1. The total points is how many points a player has achieved via ALL of the bonus awards. So the above player gets 3 points for each tier 2 passing and 2 points for each tier 1 passing so 4 x 3 + 1 x 2 = 14 points.

The link below is a spreadsheet I update usually after the articles are finished and contains details of all players. On the team page you can select a team and it should give all the players within that team and what they have achieved in terms of stats played, goals, assists, bonuses by tier 1 and 2, etc. Season top 20 gives the top 20 points scorer by position. There are three tables, the first ordered by total points, the second by points per £m and the third is by points per £m per game.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AkYcP_eLvYMVj0BcpIoqL-Swnl1G

Let me know if anything else isn't clear or if you have any other questions..

ReplyQuote
SM
 SM
(@sm)
Eminent Member
19/09/2018 7:24 pm  

My favourite article each week. Cheers for all your great work Carl.

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
20/09/2018 6:40 am  

Many thanks SM and really glad you enjoy the weekly updates.

ReplyQuote
skyFFbrainesses
(@skyffbrainesses)
20/09/2018 7:11 pm  

Thanks for clearing it up!

ReplyQuote
It’s just Jim.
(@willim61)
Trusted Member
20/09/2018 8:51 pm  

Are we sticking or twisting on Mendy folks?

mendy to Richarlison is tempting..

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
21/09/2018 2:26 pm  
Posted by: It’s just Jim.

Good question.

Such a shame Man City aren't the first team to kick off Saturday. I'll be leaving it as late as possible to see if any last minute news appears about him.

I had planned on transferring Luiz for Richarlison. I already had Ings being transferred out for Seri, which I'll still definitely do. I want to keep a Man City defender in my team. I could transfer Mendy for Laporte, but with Laporte already playing every game, he may be rested and Mendy may end up playing 😖  I've only made 1 transfer so far and now looks like I'm going to have to blow 3 in one week  😲 

If I knew that Mendy was only going to be out for 1 more game, I'd probably leave him in the team, but we don't know how bad his injury is.

His value could let people really switch their formation around and bring in Mitrovic.

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
21/09/2018 2:45 pm  
Posted by: It’s just Jim.

I'll be transferring him out after reading this news report  https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benjamin-mendy-injury-update-man-15183130

ReplyQuote
Carl
 Carl
(@darkish)
Member Moderator
21/09/2018 9:37 pm  

I have Mendy in my alternative team. I have transferred him out for Fraser as this covers game v Palace. So it has brought the transfer forward (though had planned to use a different player). If you have this game already covered then is there any other planned transfers you can do (eg. Richarlison)

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Eminent Member
21/09/2018 11:08 pm  

I had planned to transfer Ings out for Richarlson which I still plan on doing. But now with Mendy being out I'm thinking about a straight swap for Laport or even Fraser.. What do you guys think would be the best option?

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
21/09/2018 11:27 pm  

Mooresyside, I'd definitely say any Man City defender that plays is a good choice. The problem is with such a strong squad, you never know who will be picked.

Wasting a transfer on bringing a player in that doesn't play is always a risk with Man City. If you're happy to leave Laporte in your team long term, then it's worth the risk of him missing the odd match through rotation, as he should pick up enough points on the games he plays. If it's purely to cover for Mendy, until he returns, then it might not be worth the transfer.

I'm in a similar dilema. I really wanted a Man City defender in my team and was planning on transferring Luiz for Richarlison. My option now is to still do Richarlison for Luiz and swap Mendy for Laporte  (using 2 transfers), or transfer out Mendy for Richarlison (only 1 transfer, but no Man City defenders).

So if read some news that strongly suggests Laporte will start (before 1st game kicks off) then I will most likely do a straight Mendy to Laporte swap. If I'm still concerned about Laporte being rested, then I'll swap Mendy for Richarlison.

ReplyQuote
Mooresyside
(@mooresyside)
Eminent Member
21/09/2018 11:40 pm  

I was just going to leave Mendy in if I knew it was just 1 game he would miss but I'm sitting 3rd in my private league and don't want to fall behind anymore, I no it's still early days. 

That's the only problem with City, the rotation. So annoying lol think I will sleep on it but more than likely will do the straight swap and leave Laport in long term. 

Cheers for the reply m8, much appreciated 

ReplyQuote
Blatch
(@blatch)
Trusted Member
22/09/2018 8:50 am  

Laporte is the safest Man City defender imo. I've heard he is the only left footed centre back in the squad which pep values 

ReplyQuote
Share: