Tackle Stats not Opta?  

RSS

Minor
(@minor)
05/12/2018 5:42 am  

Hi, I'm new to the forum so apologies if this has been answered before.

Do you know the source GFM use for the tackles won stats? For example yesterday according to Opta AWB had 5 (55 overall) vs Brighton but only 2 (36 overall) according to SFF.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Will Thomas
(@ffhwill)
Founder Admin
06/12/2018 9:17 am  

Hi @minor, think the discrepancy comes from winning possession - a Sky tackle only counts if the player wins back possession. Opta tackle counts even if it goes out of play. At least that's my understanding 

I built a website to justify my addiction.

ReplyQuote
gilders
(@gilders)
Trusted Member
06/12/2018 12:03 pm  

Hi minor. I had a similar question at the beginning of the season and one of the forum members recommended FotMob app. All the stats on this app have matched the scoring given with Sky's Fantasy Football. I've just checked AWB's stats for the match in question on FotMob and it shows "Tackles attempted 5, Tackles succeeded 2".

A bit of a side note in regard to assist points - If a player earns a penalty for his team (i.e. he gets fouled in the penalty area), he gets awarded 3 assists points. But if that player is the player that takes the penalty kick, then he no longer gets the assist points. I know first hand that this happened a few weeks back when Danny Ings earned AND scored a penalty, only receiving points for scoring. I presume this wasn't a mistake and there must be an unwritten rule that you can't assist yourself (which make sense in open play, but not when winning a penalty IMO)

ReplyQuote
Minor
(@minor)
06/12/2018 4:20 pm  

Thank Will and Gilders.

I'll check that App out.

The assist/penalty thing is standard. In fact I probably played pretty much every fantasy football competition between 1995 - 2012 and I've nevernever a player assist themselves under any circumstances.

ReplyQuote
Minor
(@minor)
06/12/2018 4:20 pm  

Thank Will and Gilders.

I'll check that App out.

The assist/penalty thing is standard. In fact I probably played pretty much every fantasy football competition between 1995 - 2012 and I've nevernever a player assist themselves under any circumstances.

ReplyQuote
Share: