World Cup players  

RSS

gilders
(@gilders)
Estimable Member
05/08/2018 10:30 pm  

I had ruled out all players that had played in games beyond the group stages assuming that they would still be resting at start of season and would probably appear after GW4.

But after seeing Walker play in the Community Shield, I'm not sure if World Cup players will miss many games.

UKGiantsFan
(@ukgiantsfan)
Eminent Member
06/08/2018 9:28 am  

Think a lot of them will miss out, especially those who only return today.

As CB's run less it is probably easier for them to return after a short break provided they've had a week of training sessions or even got a preseason game under their belts.

Wouldn't put my trust in a midfielder or striker doing so though! 

ReplyQuote
Ste H
(@ste)
Estimable Member
06/08/2018 9:39 am  
Posted by: gilders

I had ruled out all players that had played in games beyond the group stages assuming that they would still be resting at start of season and would probably appear after GW4.

But after seeing Walker play in the Community Shield, I'm not sure if World Cup players will miss many games.

I do worry about this. Those casuals picking the likes of Kane.. He'll then come back and smash it first game and none of us will have him.

I can see an early wildcard coming for many (myself included).

ReplyQuote
Sophie
(@sophie)
Trusted Member
06/08/2018 1:36 pm  

I think if they haven't played in preseason they are best avoided. Even if they start the first match they will be rusty. Walker is clearly up and running though (and quickly as always  ? )

ReplyQuote
Share: