Please read our Beginner’s Guide to FanTeam for a detailed guide to the platform and games.
FanTeam Euro 2020 Full Tournament Game
Following the success of their €1,000,000 season long game and both of their €250,000 Champions League tournaments, FanTeam have decided to go all out and they’ve launched their Euro 2020 Full Tournament game with a record-breaking £1,000,000 prize pool. It’s the biggest Fantasy Football competition to date.
You can sign up to FanTeam now to take advantage of our special promotion where you will receive free Fantasy Football Hub membership for the rest of the season (or if you’re an existing member we’ll give you a free ticket to one of the Fanteam Weekly Monster tournaments).
Take a look at the mouth-watering prizes you can win:
First place will take home a life changing £200,000 and they’re paying out all the way down to 10,377th place. A top 10k finish sounds like a tough goal from an FPL perspective, but this is different. The game is capped at 87,027 entrants, so you just need to finish in the top 12%. In FPL terms that would be a 1,000,000 finish, which most of us would be embarrassed about.
The tournament only lasts a month. Imagine the type of summer (or year) you could have if you land one of the top prizes.
FanTeam Euro 2020 – Rules
The rules are detailed above, you just need to pay special attention to the following:
- There’s no Safety Net – Safety Net is a FanTeam option available in some of their daily games that automatically replaces any players that don’t start with an equivalently priced alternative from the same team. In this tournament you can utilise a full squad of 15 players and will have substitutes to call upon if required. Like you would in similar games such as their season long Premier League game or FPL.
- Maximum players from the same team – you can have up to three players from the same side until the Quarter Finals, then the quota increases to four and then to seven for the final stage.
- Price Rises – just like in the season long game, the player prices can rise or fall dependent on demand and you get the full sell value and not 50% like in FPL. Please see our FanTeam Beginner’s Guide for more details on this. Price rises will be frozen during the wildcard periods to avoid wild fluctuations.
- Gameweek Deadline – after the first week the deadline will be 90 minutes prior to the first kick off so that players in different time zones are not disadvantaged.
- Wildcard – this will be available after the group stages and it must be used prior to the start of the round of 16.
- Transfers – you can only ever roll one free transfer (FT). One FT will be available after each group game, then three will be awarded prior to the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals (so if you roll you can have a maximum of four transfers for the Semi Finals). No further transfers will be allowed after the Semi Finals, but you can adjust your formation and captains.
FanTeam Euro 2020 – Scoring
You may be familiar with FanTeam’s scoring already, however for those of you that aren’t and have come from other Fantasy Football games such as FPL please see our FanTeam Beginner’s Guide. A quick summary is that the scoring is relatively the same. The bulk of your points will come from clean sheets, goals and assists. The only additional aspects you need to be aware of are:
- Point for playing the full match – your attacking players will gain an additional point if they play the entire match, which makes it worth considering the players that don’t tend to get substituted early.
- Save points – your goalkeeper will pick up 0.5 points per save, which can quickly rack up, although be wary that these points can be negated if your keeper concedes more than a goal.
- Impact Point – this is awarded (or deducted) if your player wins or loses the period they’re on the pitch. This can be quite subtle in the scoring, but it’s worth factoring in when constructing your squad. You want the players from the teams most likely to win.
FanTeam to FPL Conversion Chart
This is an extract from our FanTeam Beginner’s Guide that helps to illustrate the key differences in scoring between FanTeam and FPL:
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself signed up now to benefit from our amazing promotional offer. Make use of this quiet period to draft a Euro 2020 squad and consider how much money you could win just from playing and watching a game that you love.
Sign up now using by clicking on this link or the banner below and best of the luck for the new season!
This is just the first of a number of articles that we have planned to help you to pick your squad prior to the deadline. Please comment or tweet us to let us know if there’s anything you would like us to cover and, as always, we will do our best to make it happen.