Sign up to FanTeam this week, register for their Euro 2020 game and you’ll get the following rewards:
Free Annual FFH Standard Membership
1x €20 entry into the €50,000 Weekly Monster and another at the weekend
A place in our Euro 2020 Members only prize league
Please note that this offer is only available if you do not have a FanTeam account. Existing Fantasy Football Hub members are eligible for this deal, as long as you haven’t already registered with FanTeam.
What is the FanTeam Weekly Monster?
- It’s the same scoring as the regular FPL game (as you can see from the image below). You already know how to play.
- Here’s a summary of the differences in FanTeam scoring compared to FPL:
- However, you don’t have to invest 10 months of your time for a chance at winning anything. This is a single Gameweek that completes after the last fixture on Wednesday and the cash prizes are paid all the way to 575th place.
- Imagine you’re playing a free hit. What’s the best possible 11-man squad you could build to attack the fixtures this Gameweek?
Why should I play FanTeam?
- You’ve spent all week researching your fantasy football transfers and captains, why not put that to use now?
- If, like me, there’s nothing left to play for in FPL then why not add some excitement to the games?
- This is a free chance to win €5,000, if you just follow the above instructions. You’ve got an amazing chance of winning a big prize just by utilising your existing FPL knowledge and experience.
- The squad budget is 105 million rather than the usual 100 million and the player prices have been adjusted in line with the fixture difficulty i.e. the most expensive players have the easiest fixtures.
- If there’s a tie break, then the team with the lowest value will win.
- There aren’t any substitutes, you only select 11 players and the safety net applies. That means if anyone you select doesn’t play, then the game auto replaces them with an equivalently priced player from the same team.
- There’s a stacking penalty. This means that you get a point deducted for a clean sheet, for every player where you have more than one defensive player from a team. The reason for this is to protect you from users that enter multiple teams that stack their defensive line ups to ensure an entry will get a clean sheet. This levels the playing field and means that you don’t need to make multiple entries to stand a chance.
FanTeam Scoring and Rules
Check out our FanTeam Beginner’s Guide
I will definitely be entering the Main Event. I’ve spent hours listening to podcasts and researching players this week. It would be a waste to not to utilise all that effort and it feels amazing when I make real money from a hobby.
FanTeam Weekly Monster Gameweek 37 – Fixtures
Unlike the main game and FPL, the deadline isn’t until kick off, so you can take advantage of any early team news. However, don’t worry if you can’t be around for that time. FanTeam’s safety net will apply. That means anyone who doesn’t start will be automatically replaced with the closest equivalent teammate (for the same price or cheaper) e.g. if Salah doesn’t play you’ll get Mane. This happens immediately though, which unfortunately means that if the player you selected comes on at half-time and bags a hat-trick then you won’t get their points.
FanTeam Weekly Monster Gameweek 37 – which fixtures to target for Captaincy?
As mentioned in our FanTeam Beginner’s Guide, you get an extra point for a win, so we want to be targeting winnable fixtures for our captain. The three that catch my eye are:
MANCHESTER UNITED v Fulham
Manchester United are likely to field their strongest 11 in front of their home fans, as there isn’t much time to recover after their next league game prior to the Europa League final.
Fulham’s defensive numbers have regressed significantly since they were relegated, as the number of shots in the box, big chances (BC) and xG conceded have nearly doubled. No other side has conceded as many BC recently and Fulham hasn’t kept a clean sheet (CS) in eight games.
Burnley v LIVERPOOL
Burnley’s win in the reverse fixture this season was the first time they’ve beat Liverpool in the league since 2016. The last two games at Burnley have resulted in losses of 0-3 and 1-3. Nick Pope is unlikely to feature, and his replacement (Peacock-Farrell) has conceded 14 times in four starts this season. Across the season, Burnley has the sixth worst home defensive stats in the league. Liverpool has to win their remaining two games in order to stand a chance of qualifying for the Champions League. The Burnley home crowd are unlikely to intimidate them.
West Brom v WEST HAM
West Brom has the third worst defensive stats in the league based on the last six Gameweeks. If you think that’s bad, then just wait until you see their home defensive stats across the season. They’re the worst in the league and have allowed more FPL double digit returns there than any other team home or away. Now that their survival hopes are over, they’ve thrown in the towel and West Ham are eager to end the season on a high.
FanTeam Weekly Monster Gameweek 37 – Captain Candidates
TOP CHOICE – Salah (14.8M)
Salah always tends to play the full 90 minutes, a CS looks likely (49% chance) and the win, so he’s likely to get three additional points. Liverpool has the best odds of scoring more than 2.5 goals (56%). He has the best individual goal threat stats out of all the Liverpool players, our Points Prediction Tool has him as the stand out option, he’s on penalties and he’s chasing the golden boot.
SECOND CHOICE – Fernandes (13.9M)
Similar to Salah, he always tends to play the full 90 minutes, a CS looks likely (48% chance) and the win, so he’s likely to get three additional points. Manchester United’s odds of scoring more than 2.5 goals are 42% and he’s highly likely to be involved. He’s on direct free kicks, penalties and he’s playing in front of his home fans.
PUNT – Antonio (11.8M)
I always prefer captaining a midfielder due to the additional goal and CS point, however he will still benefit from the 90 minute and impact bonus. West Brom has allowed more double digit hauls when playing at home than any other side in the league. At a similar time last season, Antonio put four past Norwich.
Whoever you decide to go for, good luck!
Gameweek 37 Weekly Monster Video/Podcast
You can catch Weekly Monster team selections and tips from fantasy football experts by subscribing to the Hub’s dedicated Daily Fantasy Sports YouTube channel and the FanTeam YouTube channel.
Register for the FanTeam Euro 2020 tournament by clicking on this link or the banner below and you will get a free €20 ticket to the Weekly Monster and free annual Fantasy Football Hub membership. Don’t miss out.