Home Forums General Discussion Should we ditch Lukaku?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Will 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Will
    Keymaster
    @ffhwill

Are you considering dumping the Belgium? With Tottenham and Chelsea up next, surely Mourinho will tighten the ship and look for a 1-0.

If you’re ditching, who are you thinking of replacing him with? Man City boys? Or are Pep’s men too much of a rotation headache?

For both FPL and Sky

Paul
    Participant
    @pmj1981

He’s already gone in both formats for me.

Ditched him for Harry Kane in Sky yesterday and he won’t be coming back until either he’s required for a captaincy, or Jose shows he ready to take the handbrake off again.

Probably would have kept him otherwise, but I’m on a w/c in FPL and his impending price drop, along with Aguero’s likely rise, has swung that decision. May still bring him back before the week is out, but means there will be no loss of value.

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

For a swap to Kane it makes perfect sense in SKY. And for FPL actually, if you’re on a Wildcard.

Im wondering about a move to Aguero myself in FPL. Leaning towards making it. just a slight worry with rotation, especially over Xmas – we need guaranteed starters and Lukaku is certainly that, plus fixtures ease after Chelsea match.. I guess I could always bring him back in after that.. decisions, decisions!

Paul
      Participant
      @pmj1981

Rotation was my only issue with Aguero in FPL. The thing to realise is that we’ve all known that from day one, and he’s still outscoring Lukaku who plays every minute.

I’m swiftly coming around to the idea that with these City boys, it doesn’t matter if he only plays two in every 5 as he’s more than capable of 0,0,20,10,0 which is still 6 points (roughly a goal) per game. Granted it’s unreliable for captaincy, but that’s what Harry Kane is for!! Ha

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Yeah, couldn’t agree more really. Especially in FPL, as you have a bench, it makes sense to just ride the Pep benching wave.

Sitting on 2FT’s in FPL, so might make the Lukaku > Aguero move today and avoid price changes.

What other City assets you going for Paul? Feel like they are such a lottery – although admittedly one with lots of winning tickets

Paul
      Participant
      @pmj1981

I brought in Sterling last week so am just as frustrated with his omission as everyone else. But I’ll be retaining him for pure value purposes.

Aguero came in on the Wildcard and will likely stay until after Utd play Chelsea, maybe even beyond depending on form.

Otamendi may be the final City player to come in. Davies and Jones both have question marks on them at the moment so need to make a decision as to what to do there given his price is about to rise. Will likely move Davies out and reassess the Spurs defence in a few weeks.

Paul
      Participant
      @pmj1981

Did you make the Aguero move Will? Concerned by his 120mins last night?

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Yeah, I made the move. Bit of an error not waiting, so yes I’m concerned. I still have another FT if needed, but I’m hoping he’ll at least get some minutes. Unlikely to be my captain now though

John
    Participant
    @thescottishone

You don’t really need Lukaku for Sky captaincy options and Man U seem to be struggling going forward without Pogba. Mourhino is reverting to type with his defensive approach. I think a few would have got burned on Saturday with Sterling and Jesus both starting on the bench. So Pep’s rotation could be a nightmare for Man City strikers. Sanchez is currently in my thoughts. No champs league and some decent fixtures coming up mixed with a few tricky ones though.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  John.

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Yep, Sanchez has the pedigree to warrant a switch – although I’m still not convinced over Arsenal’s form in general. Sure they beat Everton, but most can at the moment. Do you think Sanchez might be slightly less effective with Lacazette this season?

Sterling’s benching was painful – went in for him in FPL and Sky. Although now he has had his rest, he’s probably safe for a few (I hope!)

Paul McAnulty
      Participant
      @paulmcanulty

He’s gone from my team in both too, may consider getting him back after Internationals

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Nice Paul. Did you ditch him on Sunday in Sky? Who for – Coutinho?

Paul McAnulty
      Participant
      @paulmcanulty

Yeah i moved onto Coutinho yesterday, can get back in for Vardy in 2 weeks if needed. Who you thinking of ditching for?

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

I moved for Coutinho in one team (for Morata not Lukaku though). Debating a straight switch to Aguero in the other team. I probably won’t do it tbh, as I’ll wan’t him back in a couple of weeks.

Will make the Lukaku > Aguero move in FPL though

John
      Participant
      @thescottishone

I think class could shine through with Sanchez. Although he could be off in the January transfer window, but both good points to consider though. I get the impression if Augero is fit he’ll start and Jesus will rotate with Sterling. I know both were rested on Saturday, but I think that’s as a result of busy internationals. Sane seems nailed in the left side attacking option. Morata could be an option, but again Chelsea form is not great.

Abdul
    Participant
    @mario8787

Nope. Im going to settle down on swapping out proven players. last Monday done Sanchez > Vardy and this weekend Ramsey > Sterling.

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

I did those same moves Adbul. Painful. I think Sterling will come good though and hopefully Vardy will do something (anything!) this Sunday.

Abdul
      Participant
      @mario8787

Yeh hope so mate. Koeman going came at the wrong time probably for us Vardy owners. Still though anticipating (hoping) a high scoring game with hopefully a Vardy hatrick 🙂

Hornet
    Participant
    @richard

Yes… Need to have the faith with Sterling. Looking at the schedule to come in November and December, he will get plenty of time on the pitch. Such a great price too.

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Hi there Hornet! How’s your season coming along?

Hornet
    Participant
    @richard

One team with Otamendi and KDB up to 1350 rank….. Main one at 3500 but Coutinho fits in nicely with that one this weekend and hoping he has a good run. City rotation not easy! Sterling should get going eventually with the number of matches on the cards. Your sides looking good!

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

Very solid ranks Hornet.

Yeah, happy with my start. Big difference in my teams over the weekend though.. one jumped into the top 100 and the other dropped quite a bit. Need to reign in the transfers now. Have you used many?

Carl
    @darkish

I dropped Lukaku from both Sky teams and don’t see him coming back or less he starts contributing more in general. Only playing two up top with Sanchez partnering Kane in longer term. As Arsenal being in Eurpa cup means more Sunday games.

FPL, dropped Kane and have Lukaku with Jesus as teams are paired. Rather have Augero so need to save some money – raged transfer already this week so maybe a while:(

Hornet
    Participant
    @richard

32 and 31 transfers left. Coutinho will make it 30 in one but the other will stay on 32 with Salah in with the armband. Hoping Philippe can nail some big hauls. Do you think Otamendi is now just plain essential?

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

I also brought Coutinho in for one team. Went through a LOT of transfers over the weekend in a mini overhaul. Now sat on 26 & 29, so need to tighten the ship for a few weeks.

Otamendi is a very good player to own but not essential.. Won’t be getting 17 point hauls ever week

Hornet
    Participant
    @richard

How many Will?

Hornet
    Participant
    @richard

Good to hear that you think Otamendi not essential! That haul was quite something,but he doesn’t fit into my plan for my main team, so I will see how things go and hope Sterling gets going!

Will
      Keymaster
      @ffhwill

No one is essential, but he’s a great pick and I’d advise trying to squeeze him in if possible. 2nd highest point scorer in the game 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.