Who is the best FPL Gameweek 10 captain? Our resident FPL captaincy expert Chris Tan takes a close look at the fixtures, poll and stats breakdown before concluding on his best pick for the armband.
FPL Gameweek 9 Recap
The challengers – Chelsea and Spurs continue to impress both offensively and defensively, this is easily the best chance both sides have of winning the league in recent years. For Spurs it’s obvious who to invest in, but which are the best Chelsea assets?
The elite – despite being decimated by injuries Liverpool remain the team to beat and it looks like Salah’s (£12.2m) one of the first recipients of the vaccine due to his miraculous quick return. City on the other hand, despite Pep’s new contract, just don’t look right. They certainly have the fixtures that could help them regain some momentum though.
United get penalties – there’s no disguising the fact that they get a lot of penalties, so why not take advantage of it by investing in Fernandes (£10.8m)? Contrary to popular belief, he has a lot more in his locker than just penalties though.
Who to target – it’s still looking like Newcastle, West Brom, Sheffield United and particularly Fulham are the weakest opposition at the moment.
How have we done to date?
Fernandes (£10.8m) provided the goods again. Some may argue that he was lucky to get a penalty, but he could easily have picked up two assists. The Grealish (£7.6m) blank was painful, the early injury to Barkley (£6.0m) completely disrupted the flow, although Grealish was still unlucky not to pick up two assists. Similarly, Werner (£9.5m) had enough chances to haul, but it wasn’t to be.
Sometimes the outcome isn’t what we wanted, but as long as we’re happy with the process, then that’s fine. There’s a huge amount of variance in FPL so enjoy the ride.
FPL Gameweek 10 Captain - The Fixtures
Twitter / @FFH_HQ FPL Gameweek 10 Captain Poll
Who do our Twitter followers think is the best FPL Gameweek 10 captain?
Old Hunting Ground – do any of the likely lads have a good history vs their opposition?
- Vardy (£10.1m) – absolutely smashed Fulham two seasons ago when he played them at home.
- Salah (£12.2m) – enjoys playing against Brighton, with the majority of his returns coming away (three goals and two assists).
- Fernandes (£10.8m) – it’s a tiny sample size, but you wouldn’t bet against him on current form.
- Jota (£6.6m) – scored a brace away to Brighton last season (for Wolves) and he’s on fire at the moment.
- Kane (£11.0m) – hasn’t enjoyed much success against Chelsea in the league in recent years. The last time he scored at Stamford Bridge was in the 15/16 season.
- Rashford (£9.5m) – hasn’t scored away to Southampton in the league but he has picked up two assists.
The records of the other candidates aren’t worth discussing.
Members Stats breakdown - FPL Gameweek 10 Captain
These stats are pulled from the Fantasy Football Hub OPTA Stats tool that is available to all members to help you analyse the players and teams.
I’ve pulled the stats from the last four Gameweeks and will utilise these in combination with the eye test to help us make our decision.
Individual Player Stats
You'll gain access to this article and all our fantasy football tools, tips and resources.
What do members get access to?