Who is the best FPL Gameweek 9 captain? Our resident FPL captaincy expert Chris Tan takes a close look at the fixtures, poll and stats breakdown before concluding on his best pick for the armband.
FPL Gameweek 8 Recap
The enablers – Brighton, Burnley and West Ham have demonstrated the value they offer for budget defenders.
The form teams – Southampton (even without Ings), Leicester and Palace continue to impress.
The challengers – Chelsea and Spurs look the most realistic challengers for top four.
The elite – Liverpool have been hit badly by injuries and Manchester City are starting to look like a one man team. Despite that, they’re still like the teams to beat, as per usual.
The whipping boys – they’re not getting whipped anymore, but West Brom and Fulham look to be the weakest sides. Newcastle and Sheffield United also look vulnerable.
How have we done to date?
I previously mentioned:
The vast majority of players will be captaining one of the Spurs boys, however Spurs haven’t been blowing teams away lately and West Brom are a lot more solid than they were both on the eye and looking at the stats. If you’re feeling brave, this is a decent week to take a punt.
Was anyone brave enough? I wasn’t! I’m more than happy with nine points from Kane (£11.0m) though.
FPL Gameweek 9 Captain - The Fixtures
Twitter / @FFH_HQ FPL Gameweek 9 Captain Poll
Who do our Twitter followers think is the best FPL Gameweek 9 captain?
Old Hunting Ground – do any of the likely lads have a good history vs their opposition?
- Grealish (£7.5m) – has an impressive record against Brighton picking up a goal and an assist in the last home game.
- Mane (£12.0m) – has recorded three goals and three assists at Anfield against Leicester.
- De Bruyne (£11.5m) – has a solid record, but the last time he scored away at Spurs was in the 15/16 season.
- Vardy (£10.1m) – has recorded two goals and an assist away at Liverpool with no returns registered in the past two seasons.
- Sterling (£11.5m) – only one of his goals has come away from home although both assists were recorded away.
- Salah (£12.4m) – has scored two goals at home, but similar to Vardy, he hasn’t returned in this fixture for the last two seasons.
- Kane (£11.0m) – hasn’t scored at home against City since the 15/16 season.
Members Stats breakdown - FPL Gameweek 9 Captain
These stats are pulled from the Fantasy Football Hub OPTA Stats tool that is available to all members to help you analyse the players and teams.
I’ve pulled the stats from the last four Gameweeks and will utilise these in combination with the eye test to help us make our decision.
Individual Player Stats
You'll gain access to this article and all our fantasy football tools, tips and resources.
What do members get access to?