Welcome to my new FPL Power Rankings feature. Each week I will be listing the 10 players on the rise that I recommend bringing in to your teams and the 10 that I’d be looking to transfer out if you have them.
Hopefully it can help some of you throughout the season.
ON THE TOP
1. Marcus Rashford tops our list going in to Gameweek 23. The United striker is not just in fine form but is by far the most transferred in since last week. Now that he is featuring regularly in a more attacking United side, at just £7.5m, the United number 10 is incredibly under valued.
2. In normal circumstances you could expect Mohamed Salah to be top of the pile, who comes in at number 2. He has scored double figures in 5 of his last 7 matches. Enough said.
3. It’s no secret how well Paul Pogba has been playing since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over at Old Trafford and he trails only Marcus Rashford in the Transfers in table for this Gameweek.
4. Lucas Digne has been on the rise for several weeks now and if he continues to return goals and assists as regularly as he has of late, then he won’t be dropping out any time soon. Everton’s fixtures also look favourable for the next 4 weeks.
5. In the absence of Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son, I am backing Dele Alli to step up his form and bag himself several goals. He has done so in the past when Kane has been injured and he has 5 favourable fixtures in which to do so.
6. Neil Etheridge has worked his way into the Top 10 this week following a double figure haul for the third time in 4 weeks! The Cardiff shot stopper’s fixtures are also promising. He has faces just 1 of the top 6 teams in the next 9 matches.
7. David De Gea is well and truly back on the radar following his match winning performance last week. United’s fixtures look favourable and after 2 consecutive clean sheets, the Spanish number 1 will be hoping for more of the same.
8. Liverpool’s Andrew Robertson has now overtaken Marcos Alonso as the most expensive defender in the game thanks to his consistent returns. With decent fixtures ahead of him, it’s reasonable to expect further returns for weeks to come.
9. Raul Jimenez of Wolves is a popular pick at just £6.4m and could well be ready to reward his owners – Wolves do not face any of the top 6 in the next 7 matches.
10. Completing the Top 10 is Fernando Llorente who is waiting in the wings to step into Harry Kane’s boots following the injury picked up by the England striker last weekend. Time will tell if he is selected to start in Kane’s absence but if he is, at just £5.6m, he could prove to be a very wise move indeed.
ON THE DROP
1. Top of the drops this week is Harry Kane. Who else. The Spurs striker is injured and not expected to be back until March. If you have him, transfer him out asap!
2. Kane’s team mate Heung-Min Son is also unavailable for the London side as he is now on International duty. He is likely to miss at least 3 matches.
3. Marko Arnautovic looks determined to leave West Ham in the transfer window and news has circulated that he will not be in the squad act all this weekend.
4. Fulham’s striker Kamara is another player I’d be avoiding now. He looks set for the exit door at Craven Cottage, especially now after the signing of Ryan Babel.
5. Vicente Guaita picked up an unfortunate calf injury last weekend, just as many managers had started to bring him in as a cheap GK following the injury to team mate Wayne Hennessey.
6. Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has been a popular transfer out this week as the teams fixtures are about to turn pretty tricky. I certainly would be looking elsewhere if I had him also, as I feel there are better options in his price bracket at this time.
7. Callum Paterson owners should keep an eye on his game time now that they have signed Niasse from Everton on loan until the end of the season.
8. Willy Boly was sent off last weekend against Manchester City and now finds himself in our Top 10 due to his suspension.
9. Felipe Anderson is still very much passing the eye test, but has crept into the Top 10 as many managers have begun to remove him from their teams following 3 weeks without a return.
10. Marcos Alonso is the final name on the list. The Spaniard has not registered an attacking return in the last 11 matches and owners would expect more for their investment. Time will tell whether Alonso can turn things around or not.
Thank you for checking out my new feature, If you found it helpful or if you have any feedback then please do get in touch with me via Twitter here.
BECOME A SITE MEMBER FOR JUST £1
Access all of our exclusive membership content for just a quid by using coupon code BEBOB when you register as a member. Simply select your preferred membership option and enter the code at checkout.