**OUR CAMPAIGN IS NOW LIVE**
Following an incredible response from our community in raising almost £50,000 in just a week, our campaign is now live to the public. See this link to invest
We are very excited to announce that Fantasy Football Hub is crowdfunding. We’ve always run the site with the principle of putting our users and members first, and we’re delighted to be able to take that to the next level by offering you the chance to join us on the next stage of our journey, through our crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs.
Unlike other forms of crowdfunding, we are giving away equity in the business. In exchange for your support, you’ll actually get a small slice of Fantasy Football Hub. We plan for this to be the only time we do this, so if you believe in the site and where we are taking it, this is a one-off opportunity to actually join us and invest in the business.
Why are we crowdfunding?
A little under two years ago, I decided to create the Hub because I recognised the incredible content that was out there in the community that very few people even knew existed. My ambition was to create a site dedicated to all things fantasy football, created and run by managers, for managers.
Since then, we have been blown away by the support from the fantasy football world. Our growth has been far beyond what we could ever have envisaged, but we’ve only just got started. In order to scale further in a shorter space of time, we are seeking a cash injection with the eventual aim to become recognised as the number one resource for fantasy football over the next few years.
Following in the footsteps of successful Crowdfunding campaigns from the likes of Monzo, Revolut and Football Index, we want to grow a community of investors who will actively help us to shape and improve the business. While the cash injection will be important, this campaign is much more than that. It’s about giving our community the chance to come on the journey with us, get involved and become part of the Hub team.
You don’t need to be an expert investor. You don’t need loads of money. You don’t even need to have done this before. You just need to believe in what we’re doing. From as little as £17 you can get your piece of Fantasy Football Hub, and share in our future successes as a part of the company.
Why you should invest in Fantasy Football Hub
Here are four reasons why you should believe in the Hub.
- Fantasy Football is booming. I’m sure you’ve already noticed, but over the last couple of decades fantasy football has gone from a game played by tens of thousands to a global phenomenon enjoyed by millions (and show no signs of slowing down!)
2. We have an awesome founding team. It’s not just me behind the scenes. We have our developer Steven Bold who’s behind the brilliant new tools on site. Early-stage investor and advisor Andrew Green has been instrumental in getting the site to where it is today. Tom Cantle (from Who Got the Assist) and experienced startup advisor Steven Rimmer have also come on board recently and offer invaluable insights from differing perspectives. FPL General (Mark McGittegen) acts as our social media manager, Paul Jones handles our ever-growing community and Richard Clarke has set up a team review service run through the site. Not to mention our incredible team of over 40 contributors.
3. Our unique contributor model. We have a unique incentive model for contributors that gets results and incentivises content creators to deliver high-quality work that converts users into subscribers, as well as tapping into their social media reach to promote their content far and wide. This approach has enabled the site to attract the very best fantasy football content creators and players while also massively grow our membership base over a short space of time.
4. Our members. The site would be nothing without our members. We are fortunate to have a brilliant and knowledgeable community that has become one of the main site attractions. Members interact in our ever-growing Slack Channel and WhatsApp groups.
Story so far
As many of you will know, building a business from scratch is hard work. It takes time to become profitable so that you can sustain yourself without the need for investment. For those that don’t know, we have already raised some money to date. Here is a little about our story so far
The plan was always to crowdfund because its a way of integrating our incredible community with the site.
How will the money be spent?
The funds we raise will be focused on three main areas:
1. Technology & Content
You may have noticed that we are already investing in this area through our new opta stats and player comparison tools, but we have big plans for the future and will be investing heavily in site development.
- Integration of The Algorithm with our RMT Tool, so users can easily see predicted points for their team and plan transfers accordingly
- Improve website and user interface
- Player heatmaps
- Mini-league analyser
- Updates to our player watchlist tool
- Increased frequency and quality of articles and guides across game formats
- Lots more!
We believe our site already offers the richest and diverse set of resources for fantasy football enthusiasts. Part of the challenge we face being a relatively new site in this space is ensuring that people actually know we exist. Some of the money raised will be used to:
- Increase social media presence even further
- Twitter, Facebook and Google ads
- SEO optimisation
3. Growing the team
We’ve been able to get where we are today with a relatively small core team, mainly because of our excellent contributors. But as our ambitions increase, we’ll be hiring more top talent to help us deliver our marketing, content and product roadmap, support our users and work with our partners.
Ready to get involved?
Our private campaign is now live. This gives you, our community, the chance to invest before anyone else. This won’t be open for long, so be sure to get involved soon if you’re keen.
Please also feel free to email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
PS, here is a Twitter thread that helps answer some FAQs. We’ve also got a great discussion going on in our members’ Slack channel
Lots of great discussions going on in our Slack channel about our equity crowdfunding campaign.
A few points that are worth clarifying…
— Will (Fantasy Football Hub) (@ffh_will) October 7, 2019